Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

Bought a nice new bed over the weekend. Splashed out and paid for delivery and assembly coz it's fairly hefty. Also paid for the old mattress and bed to be taken away so took all that down.

Bed delivered today but turns out the assembly guys can't come until Sat.

That's my evening sorted so!

Bought a nice new bed over the weekend. Splashed out and paid for delivery and assembly coz it's fairly hefty. Also paid for the old mattress and bed to be taken away so took all that down.

Bed delivered today but turns out the assembly guys can't come until Sat.

That's my evening sorted so!

Beds are dead easy, so long as you've got 2 people

I am fucking sick I didnt go to see Bill Frissell last week. Girlfriend offered to by me a ticket and everything but I was too lazy

Beds are dead easy, so long as you've got 2 people

Normally, yes. I actually quite like making up flatpack furniture but that was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. It was a super kingsized bed with drawers underneath, so nothing like any beds I've ever built before.

Spent 7 hours at it last night (mostly on my own) and still have bits of the drawers to do. A pretty complicated build (for a bed) made worse by incorrect instructions that mislabels parts and has drawings of parts that don't actually exist and even the wrong way around in some cases. The boxes aren't packed in any logical order so you end up with parts everywhere until you need them.

Add to that, the number of screws that need to be screwed directly into wood. Which isn't so bad normally, but there was LOADS of them. Still have approx another 50 screws to do tonight to secure the drawers and the slats! May need an electric screwdriver to finish the job coz my hand is fuckered now 😂

Normally, yes. I actually quite like making up flatpack furniture but that was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. It was a super kingsized bed with drawers underneath, so nothing like any beds I've ever built before.

Spent 7 hours at it last night (mostly on my own) and still have bits of the drawers to do. A pretty complicated build (for a bed) made worse by incorrect instructions that mislabels parts and has drawings of parts that don't actually exist and even the wrong way around in some cases. The boxes aren't packed in any logical order so you end up with parts everywhere until you need them.

Add to that, the number of screws that need to be screwed directly into wood. Which isn't so bad normally, but there was LOADS of them. Still have approx another 50 screws to do tonight to secure the drawers and the slats! May need an electric screwdriver to finish the job coz my hand is fuckered now 😂

View attachment 12688

i got one of these for a fiver in Aldi last year

f0fcb933d7ec0581f8311c073323941bcdbafe3f.jpg

every home should have one

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back