London Hotels/Air BnB (1 Viewer)

_Katie_

Looking for somewhere central enough that won't cost a bomb but also isn't a kip... Anyone got good recommendations? Preferences Bethnal Green/Islington.

Depends how central you want. Is it for work or holiday? Clapton, Stoke Newington, Homerton. All good spots, lots of pubs, bars, restaurants, parks etc but not exactly central.
Going for a weekend to go to a gig in Electric Brixton.

Going for a weekend to go to a gig in Electric Brixton.
Then you might want to think about South London. Peckham or Brixton are decent. I much prefer east London but it’ll take you nearly an hour to get to Brixton. Bethnal Green is on the central line but I’m not a fan. It’s gone downhill since Shoreditch became a shithole. Islington is nice but expensive. I’d recommend Clapton or Stoke Newington but you’d just have to travel a bit to get to your gig.

There’s not a great many hotels in the places I’ve mentioned but you’d get Airbnb’s and they’re in the more fun, less touristy bits. I’m sure you’d get a hotel in Brixton but it can be an awful place, basically all the good pubs and bars got taken over by shitty chains and all the poor people got pushed out and it’s a horrible gentrified shithole full of obnoxious drunks at the weekend. There are still some good finds there off the beaten track though.

Ah yiz are lovely, its me and my fella though so we'd take up too much room! <3 That said, we should get a pint!

Going to see Panda Bear!!!! :love:🆒

Oh lucky you. I saw him at Primavera last year, almost entirely new stuff and it was brilliant.

Back on topic, I see you've got sorted but I usually stay in the Columbia hotel around hyde park when I'm in London. Decent rate (for London) for single rooms

Oh lucky you. I saw him at Primavera last year, almost entirely new stuff and it was brilliant.

Back on topic, I see you've got sorted but I usually stay in the Columbia hotel around hyde park when I'm in London. Decent rate (for London) for single rooms
I'm SO excited! He's going to be playing his brand new album which is so lovely.

Now that I've started this pointless thread ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NICE LONDON THINGS
I’m going for Patrick’s Day weekend (or Boxing Weekend as it’s probably known as in the UK and Donegal) so yeah, any recommendations about exhibitions or events on would be great.

We’re also staying in Bethnal Green, only place we could find a nice hotel that wasn’t a million quid per night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back