Until: Sunday, August 4, 2019 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
it was actually a lot better than that after the "many more" were announced

Electric Picnic - Wikipedia

Erasure were magical.
I actually just remember being a bit disappointed. Bjork if I recall was plugging Volta which was a bit of a dud. Her set a few years later was 10 times better. The sound was shite for Sonic Youth, their set a few years earlier with Jim O'Rourke in tow was far superior. And the Beastie Boys tent was full, literally couldn't get in to see them.

I actually just remember being a bit disappointed. Bjork if I recall was plugging Volta which was a bit of a dud. Her set a few years later was 10 times better. The sound was shite for Sonic Youth, their set a few years earlier with Jim O'Rourke in tow was far superior. And the Beastie Boys tent was full, literally couldn't get in to see them.
Welllll.... I didn't know enough Bjork to have much of an opinion beyond "hummm" and I have never had any time for Sonic Youth so I didn't go see them.

I recall Beastie Boys being incredibly full but still good (from the door). I remember MIA SUUUUUUCKED which annoyed me because I was big into her at the time.

I mostly remember super enjoying The Go! Team, Jarvis Cocker, Erasure and probably more (the manics? the good the bad and the queen? I vaguely remember seeing them both) but also I was like 23 and hammered drunk 90% of the time.

Welllll.... I didn't know enough Bjork to have much of an opinion beyond "hummm" and I have never had any time for Sonic Youth so I didn't go see them.

I recall Beastie Boys being incredibly full but still good (from the door). I remember MIA SUUUUUUCKED which annoyed me because I was big into her at the time.

I mostly remember super enjoying The Go! Team, Jarvis Cocker, Erasure and probably more (the manics? the good the bad and the queen? I vaguely remember seeing them both) but also I was like 23 and hammered drunk 90% of the time.
Can't remember if it was that year but remember seeing CSS and was ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED (was a teenager) like could barely stand up (gross) but had a very fun time.

Can't remember if it was that year but remember seeing CSS and was ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED (was a teenager) like could barely stand up (gross) but had a very fun time.
wiki says 2008. Good lineup, I didn't go that year!

the sound at MIA was shite.

Jarvis played 'Cunts are ruling the world'.

good times.

I enjoyed MIA, wasn't much to it I suppose. Didn't see what all the fuss was about with regards the Go Team. Deerhoof were the pick of the bunch for me. Was a bit worried they wouldn't be up to much as Chris Cohen had just left but I think it was the best I've ever seen them.

Me too! I loved when she did the little meditation bit. So much spitting also. Rock and roll Patti.
Kilmainham was great, supporting Nick Cave - good but not quite as awesome. Not sure if I'd be too desperate to see her a third time as it'd probably be more or less the same set.

Was that they year SY played a mid afternoon slot on the main stage?

Was that they year SY played a mid afternoon slot on the main stage?
Yep. They were doing a few Don't Look Back shows so there was a lot of Daydream Nation. Should have been amazing but unfortunately wasn't. Dunno why the Beastie Boys were in a tent but SY were on the main stage. Really didn't work. And loads of people missed the Beastie Boys as a result.

I enjoyed MIA, wasn't much to it I suppose. Didn't see what all the fuss was about with regards the Go Team. Deerhoof were the pick of the bunch for me. Was a bit worried they wouldn't be up to much as Chris Cohen had just left but I think it was the best I've ever seen them.
was the deerhoof gig before or after they played here in the temple bar music center (the night before they supported radiohead in marlay park?)

I was at all 3 of those gigs. They were one of my favourite live bands at the time. Really put on a great show.

The EP set was on a saturday night. I was driving back to dublin that night (cos the gah) and was giving a lift to 2 people. Made them stand through all of Deerhoof to earn their lift. They ended up hating it, but I don't care. Fuck them.

Yep. They were doing a few Don't Look Back shows so there was a lot of Daydream Nation. Should have been amazing but unfortunately wasn't. Dunno why the Beastie Boys were in a tent but SY were on the main stage. Really didn't work. And loads of people missed the Beastie Boys as a result.

I quite enjoyed it. I remember having a bop in the sunshine as they played.

Jesus the Go! Team. Remember them.

That band and being hammered drunk...Yep sounds like early Electric Picnic,

was the deerhoof gig before or after they played here in the temple bar music center (the night before they supported radiohead in marlay park?)

I was at all 3 of those gigs. They were one of my favourite live bands at the time. Really put on a great show.

The EP set was on a saturday night. I was driving back to dublin that night (cos the gah) and was giving a lift to 2 people. Made them stand through all of Deerhoof to earn their lift. They ended up hating it, but I don't care. Fuck them.
Before, I think. The TBMC gig was terrific as well. Felt sorry for them at Radiohead. No-one was there and the sound was dire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back