Steely Dan - Gaucho (1980) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 168
  • Views 16K
  • Watchers 4
So any of the rest of my fellow nephew corrupting ageing frustrated virgins with schoolgirl fantasies going to see them later this month? I didn't even bother looking up the ticket prices this time around but the resurrection of this thread has got me thinking that I should go ... could be the last chance.
Sorry Hugh.

Just had a listen to The Nightfly there. It's amazing. Will definitely pick up a copy.

The price of the gig is just too steep. Would love to go though. I saw a poster for it on a bus shelter on my way to work this morning. Steve Winwood supporting. I reckon it'll be great.

I take your point about the cool weird uncle but when you get to 18 the uncle who lets you drink around his gaff seems less cool when he's jailed for following a schoolgirl home. Nah, Steely Dan are frustrated virgin music, good at a certain point in your life if you find them but I wasn't aware of them as a pretentious teenager and they just sound lame to me at this age.

Ah yeah, I see a big crossover between Todd Rundgren and Steely Dan, or more their fans I guess. As for the Steely Dan/ Queen comparison, it was part of a larger argument Nate Champion selectively ignored.

That new user name is not working for you. Where's the positivity?

That new user name is not working for you. Where's the positivity?
They're grand really, I'll probably be a fan in six months. Them and Kiss. Sure I used to think P-Funk was boring until I finally found a way in.

And here, being like a sleazy uncle was posted as a positive thing!

It's still unlistenable dickhead music but Pitchfork are reviewing them today

This is very Steely Dan-esque

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great BBC4 documentary on yacht rock recently. Katie Puttrick is a brilliant presenter and it's very entertaining. Lots of Dan discussion. Worth tracking down if you are into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back