WHAT DO YOU WANT???? (2 Viewers)

Not to cause anymore confliction...

How are gretsch guitars for tuning stability?
It has a gibson style 3x3 headstock & a bigsby.
It might not be great for staying in tune.
I've a Tennessee Rose and it stays in tune fine for me. Had an issue where the bridge had shifted but I paid a man and it was sorted.

The 3x3 won't be the issue,it'll be the bigsby and maybe the nut.

All my Gordon Smiths are pretty much no problem when it comes to tuning. The Gibsons can be a bit more troublesome.

I've always presumed it is more to do with the nut,and maybe the headstock angle being slighty steeper on the gibsons. But given when tuning you can sometimes hear little pings as if the string has caught on something,I'd say it's the nut.

The only guitar I have with a trem is a strat and that's a whole other thing. I really should just block it off.

I have the horn for this guitar. I think I'm probably going to end up buying it in the next few weeks https://www.thomann.de/ie/gretsch_g5220_electromatic_jet_bt_bk.htm
They use one of these as a prop in that stupid Temple Bar rock and roll experience thing in the practice rooms under the Button Factory. Punters dress up in army surplus gear and wigs and can record themselves playing the instruments. I had a shot on it one night at rehearsal when they forgot to lock the props container. I was sorely tempted to leave my cheap guitar there and take the Gretsch. Very nice guitar for the price.

I have a RHH 6120 with Bigsby and locking tuners. Tuning has never been an issue and I use the Bigsby all the time.

Definitely buying one of these one all the January expanses are cleared

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would love my SG to stay in tune. But

Where's the LOL emoji?

Has your SG had a proper set up? I have two that stay in tune great.

In my experience most guitars will have no tuning problems after a a decent set up. Mostly the nut is the problem as Gary said.

Has your SG had a proper set up? I have two that stay in tune great.

In my experience most guitars will have no tuning problems after a a decent set up. Mostly the nut is the problem as Gary said.
Not in years in fairness. It does have a Vibrola which can't help.

I think the 1 I'm looking at should be ok because it has the fixed bridge (i think) and the v-shaped tailpiece as opposed to the bigsby. From looking at reviews online, they were saying that these are pretty good for staying in touch and more suited for rock playing.

How the fuck do you all have so many instruments? Super chuffed with myself cos I finally got myself a proper USA precision, bringing the total number of basses I own to 2. I come here to boast and everyone has about 20 instruments (shakes fist)

Ah no, I'd be in the same boat as yourself. I bought my bass in 1997, my electric in 2004 and now I'm buying a second electric.

this looks really nice.

Epiphone Les Paul

Epiphone%20Les%20Paul%20100th%20Anniversary%2001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back