What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

Watched episode 1 of David Simons The Deuce ...fantastic opener..very fucking grim indeed but 1971 New York deadly

I'm fully up to date on the Good Place, first time I've actually been up to date with a TV series in years. I think it's brilliant. Ted Danson's fantastic in it.

I spotted that 'hands' is now on youtube this morning so I'll be blending that with my usual diet of DIY related youtube watching. My uncle will watch teletext and GAA and that's pretty much 2019 sorted till GOT kicks off.

I'm fully up to date on the Good Place, first time I've actually been up to date with a TV series in years. I think it's brilliant. Ted Danson's fantastic in it.

He's awesome in it. D'arcy Carden too.

Currently enjoying the "One Day" programme on RTE, I think it's called One Day anyway. Last night they followed people in the Clean Up industry.
I can certainly sympathise with the people who were doing this work and the conflict they all seemed to have. They all enjoyed cleaning up and got satisfaction from doing it and the "greater good" but they all had huge rage issues with people. Especially the youngish chap working in Thorntons; so angry with the world. He was my fav.

Yeah I really liked Maniac as well. It has one of the most original aesthetics i've seen in a show, a real grab bag of 40 years of sci-fi stuff. Wasn't mad on the ending but it didn't wreck it the way a lot of Netflix stuff gets wrecked.

Agreed. I had to tell the lads that this was RTE in the 80s and 90s, not necessarily Ireland, or our Ireland.

i had same reaction as a kid (back then) in middle of nowhere who never seemed to come across anything fun in Ireland and looked abroad for inspiration, which is sad.
it was only much later I realized there were lots of folks who felt the same
way and all of them were much more talented than me to boot.

on Christmas Eve BBC 4 did a programme look back at highlights of UK Christmas TV from 1988 - mostly light entertainment hell.

Reminds me, WWF fans - there was a tribute broadcast to Gene Okerlund
(legendary commentator). my young nephew was engrossed in it.
didn't see it but he said it was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back