Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

I also feel like a mouldy foot today. Can't wait to lie down all weekend.

EXCEPT, actual complaint, completely forgot I have an MRI in the Mater tomorrow :( I'm afraid of those machines.

I’m on board with most of this. The “well something else will consume it” bit less so and I think it kind of ties in with the plastics issue. Meat has gone from being something you included with less frequency than other foods to something that is essential to a meal for many people (“I am not able to get full without a steak or chicken breast LOL!”). This is partly because supermarkets have driven consumers towards prepackaged “easy” cuts and going to a butcher is now much less common. As such, you have a reinforcing cycle where:
1) People are removed from the source of their food by a couple of psychological steps (it is a homogenous thing in a box).
2) They don’t interact with the person who knows about the meat (“I don’t know if I like liver, what would you recommend I do with it”).
3) It’s yet another way that food is transported over large distances unnecessarily.
4) And another source of plastic waste.

I would much rather have less meat (and pay more)and have it come from somewhere local, with decent living standards for the animals, and have it in a reusable/compostable container than the current situation.

On a related note, how come you can buy free range chickens and free range chicken breasts but not free range wings or drumsticks? Where do the wings/legs of the chickens they use for the breasts go?

I don't know where they go, but i'm sure its all very savoury and ethical.

Looking at the above, I'd say to anyone (vegans included) to try shopping in a local butcher. Out in the sticks where i shop (3 different small towns) thats where all the locally grown vegetables live, you can see whole cows hanging up in the background and you can chose your packaging.

Between my "broadband" randomly slowing to pre-dialup speeds or shutting down completely (doing this A LOT) and thumped no longer working in my broswer/phone, I'm about to give up on the internet altogether. Just fucking play guitar or something.

Looking at the above, I'd say to anyone (vegans included) to try shopping in a local butcher. Out in the sticks where i shop (3 different small towns) thats where all the locally grown vegetables live, you can see whole cows hanging up in the background and you can chose your packaging.
What do you mean by this?

"Hey vegan, try shopping in a butchers, you'll see a load of dead animals."

???

What do you mean by this?

"Hey vegan, try shopping in a butchers, you'll see a load of dead animals."

???

I mean all vegans should be butchered obviously.*

*this is a joke.

I mean for any of the reasons I've know people to go vegan the most pragmatic way to pick up vegetables is from the closest available source, without the packaging and junk that people are trying to avoid. I've heard rumours that some supermarkets also stock meat as well as vegan food but it is very difficult to have any assurance that it isn't battery farmed or from the dustbowls of the uk so spending money in these places is only going to prolong that business model. I've never in my life seen a vegan go into tesco and go HOLY FUCK THERE IS MEAT HERE but I haven't lived in many big cities. Yes, there will be meat, but you'll have a much better chance of supporting an economy that is degree or two less unethical that what the chainstores are offering and you'll be able to buy carrots half the size of your head that are more than one shape.

*this is a joke.

I mean for any of the reasons I've know people to go vegan the most pragmatic way to pick up vegetables is from the closest available source, without the packaging and junk that people are trying to avoid. I've heard rumours that some supermarkets also stock meat as well as vegan food but it is very difficult to have any assurance that it isn't battery farmed or from the dustbowls of the uk so spending money in these places is only going to prolong that business model. I've never in my life seen a vegan go into tesco and go HOLY FUCK THERE IS MEAT HERE but I haven't lived in many big cities. Yes, there will be meat, but you'll have a much better chance of supporting an economy that is degree or two less unethical that what the chainstores are offering and you'll be able to buy carrots half the size of your head that are more than one shape.

Yeah butchers near us sell local eggs and veg and sauces and stuff. Nice lil shop

*this is a joke.

Your model is one I would happily embrace but everyone else would tell me to fuck off or point out that it has a "scaling issue" because they do live in a big city and can only afford to shop in Aldi.

Users who are viewing this thread

• T
  • Deadmanposting
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back