The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
need details. what exactly did they do and for how much roughly?

its getting too cold to work on the car outside. i need a garage of mine own

Paint correction and full valeting. The paint was badly weathered. €200 all on.

Wax your car people, if you want to keep the paint in good nick

Failed the NCT. And i got it washed last night and everything.

Stupid tyres.

hmmm were the tyres worn or were they just old. Tyres over 6 years old used to be "fail advisory". I wonder if that changed recently to fail? If so that'd be a problem. I'd usually buy second hand tyres that have loads of tread on them, good as new but they're technically over 6 years old.

hmmm were the tyres worn or were they just old. Tyres over 6 years old used to be "fail advisory". I wonder if that changed recently to fail? If so that'd be a problem. I'd usually buy second hand tyres that have loads of tread on them, good as new but they're technically over 6 years old.
3 of them are “fail dangerous”. Not good. Wheel alignment is off too.

NCT this morning. Car broke down as I was leaving no the driveway. I flagged a guy down to help me push it back off the road. Got it started again, but it's not running well enough to risk the drive. I think the fan belt is slipping. Too dark to see right now.

Balls anyway

NCT this morning. Car broke down as I was leaving no the driveway. I flagged a guy down to help me push it back off the road. Got it started again, but it's not running well enough to risk the drive. I think the fan belt is slipping. Too dark to see right now.

Balls anyway
Ahh fuck

Balls anyway

Awful luck altogether.

Balls anyway
if it's any consolation, my car passed. second time lucky.

edit: second time and -400 quid lucky, i mean

Last edited:
I have a can of what I'm pretty sure is regular petrol. There's a small chance it could be 2 stroke though. What's the worst that could happen if I put some in my car, just enough to get to the garage? Would I fuck up the lambda sensor or worse?

Balls anyway
Fucking thing started up today no bother. I'm thinking the sub zero temperatures and early start was part of the problem. If I'd left it running a while it might have been ok. But, either way I'd have missed the NCT appointment. Going to take it for a quick spin at lunchtime and hope to god it doesn't break down on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back