Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

people on twitter doing vegan tourism for veganuary 3 months before brexit causes a recession in Irish agriculture. Ireland treats animals wayyyyy better than most developed nations and have dairy that people seek out internationally. we've managed to create an industry that we are renowned for that is facing an awful year after 4 or 5 years of almost unworkable weather, but woke twitter has to import cardboard from indonesia to churn those likes for five weeks before they can go back to weeping boojum. MORONS.

people on twitter doing vegan tourism for veganuary 3 months before brexit causes a recession in Irish agriculture. Ireland treats animals wayyyyy better than most developed nations and have dairy that people seek out internationally. we've managed to create an industry that we are renowned for that is facing an awful year after 4 or 5 years of almost unworkable weather, but woke twitter has to import cardboard from indonesia to churn those likes for five weeks before they can go back to weeping boojum. MORONS.
Irish agriculture is the least climate efficient in Europe

Irish agriculture is the least climate efficient in Europe

So is it more efficient to store the existing stock longer or just throw away stock that has been grown over the past year and import a load of stuff because of something people decided while cleaning the last of the turkey out of the fridge? I'm not anti vegan. My favorite place to eat in the whole world is vegan. The net result of veganuary in Ireland will probably be climate negative in that people will drift back to their previous diet after some food that was already produced anyway was fully packed, shipped around the country and fucked into the bin, i just think this is short sighted and really rough on Irish farmers. Irish agriculture slowly moving towards the global megafarm model, the past few years have been awful for them and it'll just inch another few smallholders towards selling up to the corps. @jonah I'm not annoyed with veganism/vegans, I'm fighting the short sightedness and general performative nature of social media. We KNOW that 95% of these fuckers will be horsing down rashers on the first of February like their life depended on it.

having to stay to 8pm because a CCTV machine shat the bed and our monitoring company told this new customer he wont need manned security for tonight. fucking new untested beta firmware fucking up all out cameras. fuck. sake.

also van was getting clutch replaced and a service and it was closed by the time we got to it so had to get a lift home and try get a lift there in the morning.

AND I LEFT MY COFFEE FLASK IN THE VAN SO IVE NO COFFEE TOMORROW ARGHHH!

What's this about cardboard?

While we're giving out about 1 month fad lifestyle changes. Dry January/dry October; buddy, if you've got through that and found it to be a struggle then you need to have a proper think about your very likely problematic relationship with booze.
I gave up dry January 4 days in because I was gasping for a drink.

I had one beer and have had 2 more beers since then BUT TELL ME ABOUT MY PROBLEMATIC LIFESTYLE WHY DON'T YOU.

:|

I gave up dry January 4 days in because I was gasping for a drink.

I had one beer and have had 2 more beers since then BUT TELL ME ABOUT MY PROBLEMATIC LIFESTYLE WHY DON'T YOU.

:|
I gave up my dry January last night because I am a raging alcoholic. I had three pints and I feel hungover. The cycle continues!

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back