The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
My missus had her test today. She went to the car wash this morning but as luck would have it on the way to the test a truck splashed mud all over the car. The NCT tester refused to work on it. She went off and had it washed and was back in 20 mins.
Again he refused to look at it, saying she was too late and she'd have to book again.
There were 5 guys hanging around and only 2 lanes open and no queue. Obviously a Friday and everyone just wanted to go home. This was just after lunchtime.
So she booked it again for early Jan and was asked what time would suit.
Her pal who refused to test it told her to book it early as "she'd want to get out early, right?".
So she asked what time they close and booked the appointment for 7:30 that night. The guy was visibly furious and stormed off. He will fail her again no doubt, but totally worth it for his reaction.

The prick.

My missus had her test today. She went to the car wash this morning but as luck would have it on the way to the test a truck splashed mud all over the car. The NCT tester refused to work on it. She went off and had it washed and was back in 20 mins.
Again he refused to look at it, saying she was too late and she'd have to book again.
There were 5 guys hanging around and only 2 lanes open and no queue. Obviously a Friday and everyone just wanted to go home. This was just after lunchtime.
So she booked it again for early Jan and was asked what time would suit.
Her pal who refused to test it told her to book it early as "she'd want to get out early, right?".
So she asked what time they close and booked the appointment for 7:30 that night. The guy was visibly furious and stormed off. He will fail her again no doubt, but totally worth it for his reaction.

The prick.

This is wonderful.

I arrived there today and there was only 1 guy working. Big cross face on him as I pulled in. Eventually he came out to the waiting area as there was two of us waiting for visual inspections. He stormed across the room gesturing with his hand for us to give him our paperwork shouting "Hurry up my dog is being put down!" Proceeded to look at my car for about 2 seconds and shout at the other guy a few times.
Poor lad, by the time he was giving me the disc he'd calmed down and even wished me a happy christmas. By the time I was out of the car park the shutters were down and the place locked up. It was lunchtime. Who knew they closed for lunch??

Can anyone recommend a decent mechanic who will help me pass my NCT and won't charge through his arse?

I need a new tyre and a general service. Car is rattling in neutral.

Can anyone recommend a decent mechanic who will help me pass my NCT and won't charge through his arse?

I need a new tyre and a general service. Car is rattling in neutral.

The old tradition was to fail the NCT first and then bring it to a mechanic with the list of problems, but i'm not not sure how the new updates to the NCT effect this.

Sent the mini off to get "detailed" this morning. Basically a good thorough clean and a paint restoration. I'm inordinately excited to see what the guy does with it.

Got a new tyre, service, new spark plugs, oil change and pre-NCT check in a place out by cold winters for 250. Not...too bad?

Got a new tyre, service, new spark plugs, oil change and pre-NCT check in a place out by cold winters for 250. Not...too bad?

Yeah fair enough price for that work.

I got two (re skinned) tires for 80, getting the headlights polished for 60 tomorrow. Just talked myself out of diying the lights (the internet said toothpaste works).

Passed! Aww yeah.

I'll need new tyres for the next one..my ones are all 6 years old or more.

Otherwise..bingo bongo! 19 y/o and flying for another year

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back