What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

Is your brother still in Taiwan? Has he picked up the language?

yes, both brothers are there! They both have really decent spoken Mandarin, and one has studied so has great reading and writing too. Immersion is definitely the best tool.

Bird box.

Unmitigated shite. Sandra Bullock is clearly committed to engineering her face to look like Michael Jackson, and she's playing her usual sensible serious soccer-mom sorting out the world the proper way role.

If the NRA didn't sponsor this then they got some lovely free PR, unlike JEEP who definitely did sponsor it.

Even though this is (as usual for our Sandra) a right wing propaganda piece, I liked to think of it as an allegory for the trumpf administration.
That is: lock yourself away, be scared of invisible enemies, and the moment you choose to look at anything that's happening outside you'll be filled with an irresistible urge to kill yourself on the spot.

After the Screaming Stops. The documentary about Bros on BBC. Absolutely brilliant. One of the best music documentaries I've ever seen. Hilarious.

After The Screaming Stops (2018) - IMDb
Will be watching that over the next week.

Have you ever seen this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

mazin stuff.

Will be watching that over the next week.

Have you ever seen this?

mazin stuff.

Nope, looks good though. Added to the list.

The Bros one is mazin'. They're both so horrible and arrogant, especially to each other, but also both very likable and funny. So many quotable lines. Matt Goss is the gift that keeps on giving.

I thought Supersonic was a great doc.

I mean, i'd love to see a follow up covering the cocaine years and it was odd how it completely ignored the battle of britpop but even still. I'm not a major Oasis fan or anything but I liked it a lot.

Mortal Engines.

Don't be put off by it being a bit shit, its a really good movie. Basically in the post apocalypse cities have turned into large mobile fortresses things roaming earth and consuming each other. The depiction of the world in this state is really well done. The acting is a bit silly but all the concepts are great and theres the odd prophetic line in it too. Its based on a pretty recent sci fi series and is book one of four. I want you to all go to this so i can see the next four books (that i haven't read) play out. You'll probably give it a 5 or 6 out of ten and then want to make someone else watch it.

Waaaait a minute.. "cities have turned into large mobile fortresses things roaming earth and consuming each other. " This sounds like a book I read, but I never heard of this movie.

the young offenders - hadn't seen it before. was very good.

a simple favor - i liked this,

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back