Music Men Ruined For Me (1 Viewer)

I never really got in to Throbbing Gristle, but it's a book I want to read.

I didn't know Guided By Voices had a number one hit!

Deal seems to have had a really terrible time with men in bands. I think people were just daunted by her. She's written a lot of great songs, but she also has this knack of making existing songs a lot better (e.g. Happiness is a Warm Gun)

I never really got in to Throbbing Gristle, but it's a book I want to read.

I didn't know Guided By Voices had a number one hit!

Deal seems to have had a really terrible time with men in bands. I think people were just daunted by her. She's written a lot of great songs, but she also has this knack of making existing songs a lot better (e.g. Happiness is a Warm Gun)

Sorry, my number one I meant, their most popular hit,

Believe a well lubricated Bob has also said shitty things about Yo La Tengo in the past, "They have a girl drummer, a fat bassist, and a rock critic critic for a guitarist."

Another contributing factor to Kim's dislike for him could be that he repeatedly hired Breeders members for his own band.

Last edited:
Well, it's all so relentlessly depressing and hateful, there's no light, nobody seems very nice. That's a very personal opinion, I guess, but I just found myself thinking "I don't like these people or anything they're doing". Also, there was a bit too much detail about mundane stuff and the loved-up Chris & Cosey bits were a bit Mills & Boon. Not that I've ever read a Mills and Boon of course...

I feel mean now

Well, it's all so relentlessly depressing and hateful, there's no light, nobody seems very nice. That's a very personal opinion, I guess, but I just found myself thinking "I don't like these people or anything they're doing". Also, there was a bit too much detail about mundane stuff and the loved-up Chris & Cosey bits were a bit Mills & Boon. Not that I've ever read a Mills and Boon of course...

I feel mean now
Interesting! I mean, they did grow up in bombed out, post-war, Hull, so I imagine things were indeed a bit grim. I have to say I found Cosey's attitude relentlessly positive considering she was quite oppressed coming from an abusive home and relationship. I find her determination admirable and her love of Chris really sweet. Also her ability to even be in the same room as GPO pretty amazing. Also I think her art is really important and cool! That's just my two cents, however.

Interesting! I mean, they did grow up in bombed out, post-war, Hull, so I imagine things were indeed a bit grim. I have to say I found Cosey's attitude relentlessly positive considering she was quite oppressed coming from an abusive home and relationship. I find her determination admirable and her love of Chris really sweet. Also her ability to even be in the same room as GPO pretty amazing. Also I think her art is really important and cool! That's just my two cents, however.
Yeah, that's all true. I did like the book up until they went to London.

Yeah, that's all true. I did like the book up until they went to London.
It was all quite innocent, sweet acoustic street performances and such - then its all pedals and stripping. That's what happens when you go to London.

GPO seems like an absolutely fucking nightmare. I was really laughing when they described him demanding first class flights as they rest of the slog in coach and saying he wrote all the songs when in reality he was passed out pissed in bathroom. Real gentleman.

I feel mean now
@jonah is mad for a good Mills and Boon.

Another fucking hilarious highlight...

After their infamous reunion they spend 5 + hours a day in studio working on new material. GPO is MIA the whole time and eventually shows up and say everything they've done is shite.

The next week he appears in a magazine saying the band is much better since he's "the new voice."

Comedy gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back