What gig(s) are you going to this week? (3 Viewers)

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
@Anthony suggested a WGAYGTtonight in the "... last night" thread as he correctly pointed out that a lot of the stuff mentioned in there sounds awesome but that might be a little short notice for people to be able to make arrangements for so perhaps a thread what looks a little further forward would be more useful.

I know there's the "upcoming gigs of interest thread" but that flags stuff WAAAAAY in advance and they can slip through the memory a bit, trying to strike a balance with this one.

On Monday I'm going the the Gavin Bryars at 75 thing in the NCH and I'm looking forward to it without being hugely familiar with his work beyond a couple of things.

Oh and tonight I'm hoping to see Autre Monde, Soft On Crime and Lamont/Bailey/Wall in An Seo, lots of long time Thumpeders playing at it.

Last edited:
I'm going to a play next Saturday. All My Sons.
I was also fully planning to see the rednecks in Vicar St on Friday but I'm not too proud to admit that the €30+ price tag is making me reconsider. Soz ladz.

I think its pretty reasonable in that i'd pay a tenner for any of the acts playing. probably can't make it (because i live 2.5 hours away) and hoping for a pre-order on teh record.

Well,the set is supposed to be based around hysteria,so pretty terrible.

They barely acknowledge the first two records at all (as amazing as they are),but they are very different to what came later. If I thought I'd even get a few pyromania tunes I'd stay a bit,but as I'm bringing Amy,who is twelve,when she wants to go,I'll go.

I just looked up a few set lists. Photograph is the last song, they play rock of ages in the encore,great chorus,the rest was a sign of what was to come. And they sometimes play let it go from high and dry.
So a chance of maybe two and a half great songs,and I'm not convinced they'd be great sounding.
And they follow cheap trick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

They barely acknowledge the first two records at all (as amazing as they are),but they are very different to what came later. If I thought I'd even get a few pyromania tunes I'd stay a bit,but as I'm bringing Amy,who is twelve,when she wants to go,I'll go.

I just looked up a few set lists. Photograph is the last song, they play rock of ages in the encore,great chorus,the rest was a sign of what was to come. And they sometimes play let it go from high and dry.
So a chance of maybe two and a half great songs,and I'm not convinced they'd be great sounding.

a classic

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

needs more union jacks though

But this is def leppard to me

Steve clark (rip)
Pete Willis (kicked out)
Rick Allen( two arms and playing traditional grip,and only 16 in that clip)

Won't be the same

Oh and Phil Collen did good stuff before too

Steve clark (rip)
Pete Willis (kicked out)

Won't be the same

I know it was 1979, but what.the.fuck.are.they.wearing.

It might not be suitable for a 12 year old. Phil Collen will be topless again

collensolofit.jpg

I would have gone to the Rednecks, but it clashes with Lauryn Hill, which I am going to. Now, I could possibly fit the Rednecks in anyway, given the reviews of LH's recent shows, where she comes on anywhere between 1 - 2 hours late, but I am going to hope that she comes on in a timely fashion. I BELIEVE IN HER-ish :giggle:

Steve clark (rip)
Pete Willis (kicked out)

Won't be the same

Oh and Phil Collen did good stuff before too

There's a metal head bus driver on the 130 bus; last time I was on coming from Clontarf he was blasting Def Leppard ( i asked when i got off the bus); must have been early stuff cos I thought it was Mott the Hoople!

There's a metal head bus driver on the 130 bus; last time I was on coming from Clontarf he was blasting Def Leppard ( i asked when i got off the bus); must have been early stuff cos I thought it was Mott the Hoople!

Joe Elliot also does this band

Basically a Mott The Hoople (and related) tribute band.
Played here a few years ago,I couldn't go for some reason,but would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back