What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

True. As I say, I enjoyed it for what it was, but am curious as to why others really, really disliked it.
I gave it a 5 on IMDB . It was nice looking and it certainly had its moments but there was just too much fucky with it... I can't be arsed dissecting it but I don't know why, I was expecting a bit more spookyness

We all went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Everyone enjoyed it and I didn't want to be the grump about it. It was ok. Some of the live scenes are great, the band inter-action scenes are cringy (in a typical music film way - bad direction), Freddie's ark is all over the place. The Live Aid scene is great but there's a bit of history rewriting going on there. It was ok. I wouldn't watch it again.

Gaslight ,1944 version.. amazing!
Cold Skin ,netflix creature feature. Very good
The Road,rewatched with daughter. Superb and very sad
Turned off Prince Of Darkness after half an hour

All I remember about Prince of Darkness was hobo Alice Cooper, possibly undead? Pushing the forks of a bike through someone's chest.

Went to see Suspiria (new version) at Horrorthon; thought it was a load of pants.
Also watched The Fury the other night; pretty crackin' De Palma movie which I don't think i ever saw before.

I really like this one. Very stylish and of its time
I remember loving it many years ago, and I got all amped up to see it again. I did like a lot about it - it IS super stylish - but yer man the Jackal I couldn't get with at all this time around. He was more like a secondary school teacher than a cool international assassin of the 70's. As soon as I realised, I was like "aww FUCK it". I still have to watch the last bit...I went to bed in a huff instead of watching it. Maybe that will change things. On paper, and in my memory, it's exactly the kind of movie I'm in the mood for these days.

Mr. Turner. Mike Leigh's film about Turner. Good, watchable, not really what I wanted from a Leigh film.

20 minutes of some absolute shite whose name I can't remember. The hobbit fella from the office was the lead, he was a musician with a shite girlfriend (gwenith paltrow) and it was something about dreaming. The cast is impressive but it was unwatchable garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back