Coffee (2 Viewers)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
Oh and for 500 ml I double the quantities but keep the times the same.

I think I’m fucking up the timed pouring part for pour over shtyle coffee.. Seen a pro do it up in Donegal and recalled that I was doing it wrong. I do part pour my aeropress prior to the reverse plunging. Never longer than 90secs total

Seeing as we're comparing hario recipes.

I use 20 g of coffee (by the way, we're all rinsing the filter first right?, to get some of the bleach out of the paper)

I pour 40 g of water and wait for 40 seconds for the bloom, and then top it off in one pour to 240g until it's done, with fresh beans it takes me about 2 mins.

For the water, I try not to boil it fully but if I do I just leave it for a minute to cool a bit, also transferring to a cool vessel (the pouring kettle) should bring the temp down a wee bit while I finish the prep (any grinding that needs to be finsihed, the afore mentioned filter rinse)

I remember getting my first coffee in Indonesia. The lady put a scoop of coarse ground code into a cup, poured the water in and gave it to me. I thought ffs she hasn't a clue but after a couple of days of this I realised it was fine and perfectly nice as long as you don't stir it.

I remember getting my first coffee in Indonesia. The lady put a scoop of coarse ground code into a cup, poured the water in and gave it to me. I thought ffs she hasn't a clue but after a couple of days of this I realised it was fine and perfectly nice as long as you don't stir it.
Like Turkish coffee/Middle Eastern coffee, the bottom of the cup is a sludge but they also put cardamom in it - it’s amazing.

Gary’s right, get a hold of yourselves ffs
Nah. It takes about five minutes start to finish to do it as a pour over, it’s totally worth the bit of faffing over having a shitty coffee. Like you could live on ready meals but it’s way nicer and worth the effort to cook a meal from scratch. Same logic.

I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day.. I havent got 30 mins to spare standing over a coffee contraption with a stopwatch

I used to make it in dripping/filter thing that did ten cups and then leave it in pot for the following two days microwaving cups as i went.

The dole is great for not wasting stuff.

Nah. It takes about five minutes start to finish to do it as a pour over, it’s totally worth the bit of faffing over having a shitty coffee. Like you could live on ready meals but it’s way nicer and worth the effort to cook a meal from scratch. Same logic.
Or you could make a perfectly nice cup of coffee without going full late-stage hipster on it

I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day.. I havent got 30 mins to spare standing over a coffee contraption with a stopwatch
Fair enough. I don't drink that much coffee a day.

Or you could make a perfectly nice cup of coffee without going full late-stage hipster on it
Your perfectly nice and my perfectly nice may differ. See @pete's post above, if I'm eating I want to eat well and that means not having a ready meal (not that what I cook is necessarily healthier but it tastes so much better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back