What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

rewatched mother! and Noah over the weekend. I fuckin love Aronofksy

I rewatched mother! cos I wanted to watch it with my daughter...she loved it...maybe not as much as me but I dare say she'll remember it! I don't normally like seeing movies again so soon after the first time but thats an exception. Its a masterpiece of modern cinema.
The VVitch was more her cup of tea . She also liked The Nun. And the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Blair Witch Project..Sophisticated taste for a 12 year old.
In fact she's a right Horror buff..its really all we watch..naturally I have zero issues with that! ..we watched the Omen Trilogy recently ..Quality! The Devil in the 70s! Yes!

I'm planning an Exorcist screening and The Shining shortly.

I watched The Angel on Netflix yesterday . Enjoyable espionage true story set in the 70's..sure whats not to like! Not really suspenceful but a pleasure to look at
Also..The Party from last year..An enjoyable hour watching Timothy Spall acting the bollix
Ooh and Ae Fond Kiss ...not Ken Loachs best but certainly worth a watch on a Sunday night

Hold The Dark. New film by the director of Green Room and Blue Ruin. I really liked it. Not as good as his first two but few films are.

Black 47. Yeah, this had a bit of a TV movie vibe off it but good to see the Brits taking a pasting onscreen

Another Hitchcock film I'd never seen before last night. Rear Window, absolutely fantastic; slow burner build of tension up until the culmination in the second to last scene till it almost became unbearable.

Really want watch more of his stuff; I think I've only seen these two, plus Vertigo and Psycho. Any recommendations? I suppose North by Northwest or The Birds?
North by Northwest is great fun; Rope is excellent; the Birds for sure; Dial M for Murder; Spellbound - all good. Some of his earlier "British" films are good too, Lifeboat in particular is excellent.

The MIA doc. Really good. Reminded me a bit of the Amy Winehouse one in the amount of home recording/self-filmed footage available to be used. I could actually just watch her hanging out with her family dancing all day but there's some great stuff on her time on tour with Elastica, basically getting blacklisted in the US and her activism in support of down-trodden in Sri Lanka. Also an early vid of her and Diplo working on 'Paper Planes' and her audition for XL. She doesn't pander to anyone, never pulls a punch. There are some good zings in there. Aziz Ansari for one.

Hereditary.Been dying to see it.

Well,thats a 10 outta fucking 10 from me! AMAZING. Thats my kinda horror.

Also saw Love Actually for the first time ever..had me feeling totes emosh

And.. Loving Vincent... was alright..well done but the auld moving paintings gave me a bit of a headache tbh

Hereditary.Been dying to see it.

Well,thats a 10 outta fucking 10 from me! AMAZING. Thats my kinda horror.

Also saw Love Actually for the first time ever..had me feeling totes emosh

And.. Loving Vincent... was alright..well done but the auld moving paintings gave me a bit of a headache tbh

I rewatched Herditary recently after dickheads in the cinema ruined it for me and enjoyed it a lot more.

Score throughout was cool. But loved that piece of music at the end. Moreso after reading an insightful YouTube comment about it recently, see below link

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CCAA357D-AE41-4B2B-AC72-A9699130DA31.png

Aww yeah..the score is outstanding!

My only reservation with the movie was...nah fuck it who the fuck am I to be telling them how to do their jobs..its a cracker and no mistake.

Its the Shining for the 21st century

It is a truly terrifying movie..my daughter couldn't go up the stairs on her own after it.RESULT!

I fucking hate when cunts ruin a movie in the cinema..I'm one of the people that tells them to shut the fuck up and make a holy show of them..and I don't be long going about it heh

I almost lost the head with a bunch of teenage girls at The Nun..but then I realised I'm watching the fucking Nun what did I expect so I just gave them a sternly whispered knock it off..did the trick,
They were still having the crack but sure thats the kinda movie it was

Operation Finale ..good tv spy movie
A Star Is Born .. fairly mushy. There was loads of youngwans balling their eyes out. Me..not so much

I don't really care for Lady Gaga

Hereditary. I really, really liked it. Emphasis on character building, creepiness and atmosphere over jump scares. Reminded me of It Follows or an atmospheric 60s/70s horror film like Don’t Look Now., Rosemary's Baby, Carrie etc.. It was simultaneously more straightforward and more bonkers than I thought it would be and it kept me guessing the whole way through. Only criticism is that it sags a little in the middle and is maybe 15 minutes too long, otherwise an expertly crafted and genuinely unnerving horror film. 4/5
Finally watched this. Wow. As goood, if not better than I'd read. It does that thing, as in The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Night of the Demon etc where it 'could' all be imaginary..but of course it isn't. I'll be watching this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back