Recently Purchased (1 Viewer)

Triptides - Predictions CD
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon CD
Tangerine Dream - Phaedra CD
Captain Beefheart & his magic band - Safe as milk. CD
Captain Beefheart & his magic band - Clear spot. CD
Try a little sunshine: the British psychedelic sounds of 1969 CD

The Roches - Keep on Doing CD
Jesse Johnson's Revue - S/T CD (look at that album cover!)
Pixx - Age of Anxiety vinyls (one vinyls)
Funkadelic - Who's a Funkadelic? CD
Sweat Band - S/T CD

Last edited:
Speaking of, just got Diamond Dogs, one I always steered clear of as I dont care for the song. I was expecting it to be a Rolling Stones vibe throughout but it has plenty going on. Well done young Davie Jones
Yep DD is one of my favourite Bowie albums, pretty amazing too in that he did a lot of the playing and producing/recording on it too himself. 1984 is still amazing sounding.

Picked up a few bits in Brighton innit -

Into Paradise - Churchtown lp
Kevin Coyne / Dagmar Krause - Babble lp
Frith French Kaiser Thompson band - Invisible Means lp
Paul McCartney - McCartney II lp
Mott the Hoople - Mott lp
Robert Wyatt - I'm a Believer 7"
Department S - Is Vic There? 7"
Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning 7"
Men at Work - Overkill 7"
Teenage Fanclub - Ain't that enough 7"
Cerrone - Supernature 7"
Badfinger - No Matter What 7"
Spiritualised - And Nothing Hurt lp

Small Faces - The Decca anthology 1965-67 CD
Small Faces - The darlings of wapping wharf launderette. The immediate anthology CD
Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear CD
Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X. CD (I lost my old 90s CD. It's in the house somewhere. I had listened to recently as well. Do know where it went)

MI0003679296.jpg

Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound

Been meaning to get this for a few years now, a compilation of independent releases and demo sessions from Minneapolis in the late 70's and early 80's, Prince pops up here and there as a session player but the light is really on the extended Purple Rain universe.

Lots of over-stretching by teenage players wanting to show their chops in their first/only time in a recording studio. Enjoyable if you're into this kind of thing, which I am, but there's only a few signs of what was to recognizably become the Minneapolis Sound, it's mostly Tower of Power/Earth, Wind and Fire rip-offs.

MI0003679296.jpg

Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound

Been meaning to get this for a few years now, a compilation of independent releases and demo sessions from Minneapolis in the late 70's and early 80's, Prince pops up here and there as a session player but the light is really on the extended Purple Rain universe.

Lots of over-stretching by teenage players wanting to show their chops in their first/only time in a recording studio. Enjoyable if you're into this kind of thing, which I am, but there's only a few signs of what was to recognizably become the Minneapolis Sound, it's mostly Tower of Power/Earth, Wind and Fire rip-offs.

Have you heard this compilation?

Personal Space: Electronic Soul 1974-1984 - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back