Trigger Warning (1 Viewer)

I heard that, I gave 2 seconds worth of consideration to texting in about it.

I had visions of twitter melting down and no platforming him.

His reaction after was great as well, 'ehhhh, well it's a great song' or something like that, clearly someone told him he'd just done something 'problematic'

I had visions of twitter melting down and no platforming him.

His reaction after was great as well, 'ehhhh, well it's a great song' or something like that, clearly someone told him he'd just done something 'problematic'

I no platformed him by asking the person who was listening to the radio if they minded me changing the station.

But I'd regularly do that anyway when Tubs is on

LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide

39786067_10156659396496972_39737071782330368_o.jpg

The Truth About ‘Cultural Appropriation’, by Kenan Malik / ArtReview

Only mass social and political campaigns to transform the very structures of society – such as the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s – can bring about such change. Otherwise, social justice comes to be seen not as the erasure of exploitative structures but merely as the possibility of ‘cultural fairness’ within them. The campaigns against cultural appropriation are an implicit acceptance that the playing field cannot be levelled, and that the best we can do is fence off certain areas.

Don't fucking tell twitter I posted this

The Truth About ‘Cultural Appropriation’, by Kenan Malik / ArtReview

Only mass social and political campaigns to transform the very structures of society – such as the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s – can bring about such change. Otherwise, social justice comes to be seen not as the erasure of exploitative structures but merely as the possibility of ‘cultural fairness’ within them. The campaigns against cultural appropriation are an implicit acceptance that the playing field cannot be levelled, and that the best we can do is fence off certain areas.

Don't fucking tell twitter I posted this
Checks author is non-Caucasian, positive bias approved, clicks "like"

You wouldn't want to have a white person saying Cultural Appropriation is ok.

The Celts are cultural appropriation. There was never a distinct genetic group, its was just the flow if innovation and art styles from northern France to here. We be all like yo spirals torcs and shit yo when we get on RTE too.

But then.

Pop music is kind mostly impossible without appropriating ancient greece and africa.

so on

so on.

HOWEVER.

I still feel like giant pissing into time square on every st patricks day as chad and april don their leprechaun hats.

Was chatting to the girlfriend about the article and she opined that it's probably linked to the hellworld we live in where everything is so intense and complexity ignored in favour of quick, pithy twitter putdowns that we now only see value in totally sincere things, i.e. David Foster Wallace's New Sincerity movement. We've lost the ability to actually value satire or irony or playfulness because the shitty versions of them have taken over so much of culture.

Was chatting to the girlfriend about the article and she opined that it's probably linked to the hellworld we live in where everything is so intense and complexity ignored in favour of quick, pithy twitter putdowns that we now only see value in totally sincere things, i.e. David Foster Wallace's New Sincerity movement. We've lost the ability to actually value satire or irony or playfulness because the shitty versions of them have taken over so much of culture.
Read the wiki page, that's definitely the first time I've seen the words sincerity and Lars von Triers in the same sentence.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

just thought i'd trigger you guys with some peak 2019 posting

The Celts are cultural appropriation. There was never a distinct genetic group, its was just the flow if innovation and art styles from northern France to here. We be all like yo spirals torcs and shit yo when we get on RTE too.

But then.

Pop music is kind mostly impossible without appropriating ancient greece and africa.

so on

so on.

HOWEVER.

I still feel like giant pissing into time square on every st patricks day as chad and april don their leprechaun hats.

Here you better not read up on Halloween...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back