Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

Speaking of OTT, they’ve got Ishii back and KUSHIDA at their August show so I guess I’m going to that one. It’s not at the feckin’ Tivoli so that’s something. Let’s see if the atmosphere is any better.

Speaking of OTT, they’ve got Ishii back and KUSHIDA at their August show so I guess I’m going to that one. It’s not at the feckin’ Tivoli so that’s something. Let’s see if the atmosphere is any better.

I got my ticket for this one this morning. One of those 'priority' ones so I might get a decent seat. Also I just found out it's on the same night as the pre-SummerSlam TakeOver, if that's confirmed, so I might just about get home in time.

A WWE star who made his name playing "a monstrous abomination" in the ring has been elected mayor in Tennessee.

Glenn Jacobs, who wrestling fans will know better as Kane, won two-thirds of the vote in Knox County, beating Democrat Linda Haney.

The 51-year-old Republican ran on issues like keeping taxes low, improved infrastructure and "transparency".

WWE star Kane elected mayor in Tennessee

That NXT show was great. I managed to condense the four hours of SummerSlam down to less than one with liberal use of the fast forward button.

That NXT show was great. I managed to condense the four hours of SummerSlam down to less than one with liberal use of the fast forward button.

The opening tag in NXT was great. I'm a bit over Gargano losing matches because he hates Ciampa so much.

Ziggler-Rollins was probably the match of the night on the big show. Surprising number of squashes on it.

The opening tag in NXT was great. I'm a bit over Gargano losing matches because he hates Ciampa so much.

Ziggler-Rollins was probably the match of the night on the big show. Surprising number of squashes on it.

I skipped through Ziggler-Rollins! Actually I think all I watched was Joe vs AJ (whilst simultaneously clearing my inbox) and Brock-Roman.

Did anyone watch the G-1? I tried to watch most of the main events and semi-mains. I think the final was actually my favourite match but there were so many ridiculously good ones that it's all a bit of a blur to be honest. I actually might go back and watch some of them again if I get the time soon they were that good.

I skipped through Ziggler-Rollins! Actually I think all I watched was Joe vs AJ (whilst simultaneously clearing my inbox) and Brock-Roman.

Did anyone watch the G-1? I tried to watch most of the main events and semi-mains. I think the final was actually my favourite match but there were so many ridiculously good ones that it's all a bit of a blur to be honest. I actually might go back and watch some of them again if I get the time soon they were that good.

I watched the first two days and the last three; about a much as I can muster.

Also, I saw KUSHIDA in a stormer with Shane Strickland in Drimnagh last Saturday evening.

PRESS RELEASE

Conor McGregor Lookalike Set For Wrestling Dates Across Ireland

“I’ll happily take on the real McGregor”

As wrestling mania is set to sweep across Ireland, English-born Mick Gregor (aka Corey McRae) is set to wow crowds not just with his moves, but his uncanny resemblance to controversial UFC star Conor McGregor.

Corey will appear on eight of the 12-date WRESTLING.IE spectacular fight shows that will bring the rumble as the top UK and Ireland brawlers bring mayhem into the ring.

And Corey will enter the ring on his own reputation, not trailing on anyone’s coat tails.

“I’m not a Conor McGregor wannabe,” he said. “I love everything about him and respect him more than anyone but I’m my own person trying to make a name for myself with my own name.”

For the past decade WRESTLING.IE has brought entertainment to every major town in Ireland, with packed crowds roaring on every move, every slam and every hold.

Promoter, Stevey Reavey, says the entire family will be enthralled by the show Corey and his rivals will bring to the ring.

“There’s something for children, mums and dads and we know granny and grandad will be amongst the loudest in the audience” he said.

“We are bringing larger than life characters, world-class athletic action, thrills, spills and the goodies battling the baddies. It’s a show not to be missed.”

So, if you happen to think you’ve seen Conor McGregor in your town, make sure to check out whether it is the UFC champ, or Corey getting ready for a wrestling battle.

And, while crowds will see Corey take on a host of larger than life wrestlers on the tour, he wouldn’t hesitate to battle McGregor himself.

“He’d kick my ass from Ireland to England and back, without a doubt, but I bet I’d learn a ridiculous amount along the way,” he said. But despite that he laid down the gauntlet to the UFC global star.

“Sure, why not call him out and see if he’s up for it. I’d face him in the cage on a mat or in a wrestling ring, anywhere too be able to see him in action in person.”

Among the visiting wrestlers from England include Londoner Tiny Iron (aka Andrew Harrison), the man who famously lifted BBC star Stephen Nolan aloft live on air. Tiny, who will be appearing at four dates on the tour is famed for his 24 inch biceps and massive frame.

Also taking to the ring at selected dates is Northern Ireland born Love Island star Adam ‘Flex’ Maxted who is visiting from his home in Newcastle, England.

Other wrestlers taking to the ring include family favourite Belfast’s Dunkan Disorderly (Grant Davidson) who will be jumping in the ring on behalf of the good guys throughout the tour.

Battling it out alongside the goodies are the meanest, nastiest wrestlers on the planet…The Bloodsucker and the Bonecrusher who say they want to leave their mark on Ireland.

“There won’t be a man left standing in the ring when I’m done with them all” said The Bloodsucker (aka Colin Jackson), adding: “Send in your best because I’m going to floor them all. I’ll show the Irish fans just what wrestling is all about.”

Homegrown wrestler Dunkan Disorderly is having none of their trash talk: “Yeah, I’ve heard it all from these so-called bad boys. Swanning around the world thinking they can boss it everywhere they go.

“As we say in Belfast ‘Aye, dead on, ye chancer!’ We’re going to put these big names flat on the canvas begging for submission.”

For a full list of dates and contestants visit www.wrestling.ie

Dates Corey will be bringing the fight to the ring.

COLERAINE - Town Hall - October 18th @ 7.30pm
NEWTOWNARDS - Queen's Hall - October 19th @ 7.30pm
DUNDALK - Carnbeg Hotel - October 20th @ 7.30pm
CARLOW - Seven Oaks Hotel - October 21st @ 3.30pm

ENNISKILLEN - Killyhevlin Hotel - November 1st @ 7.30pm

ARMAGH - Armagh City Hotel - November 2nd @ 7.30pm
KILLARNEY - Leisure Centre - November 3rd @ 7.30pm
LIMERICK - Strand Hotel - November 4th @ 3.30pm

ENDS

Anyone at Ott yesterday?
Only at one other show, so, not up to scratch with the characters, but damn, it was great craic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back