• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you suggesting that men of an angry/deluded sort won't find partners, at least for long enough for the few minutes it takes to get them pregnant? My admittedly limited knowledge of the ways of randy young people would suggest otherwise.

Actually yeah, that's true. John Waters did have a kid with Sinead O'Connor

People* (not you, or anyone here, and more specifically, just some tweets I saw) seem to be completely unaware that Alice Mary Higgins is one of the other 3 in that constituency

I vote in the other university panel, other than just checking the results of the vote in NUI on the wiki 2 minutes before posting that I'm entirely ignorant of who the non-Mullen senators are. Apart from Mullen, Bacik, Ruanne and Norris I've no clue how anyone else who is there got in (who's on a panel/who is a Taoiseach's appointment etc)

I vote in the other university panel, other than just checking the results of the vote in NUI on the wiki 2 minutes before posting that I'm entirely ignorant of who the non-Mullen senators are. Apart from Mullen, Bacik, Ruanne and Norris I've no clue how anyone else who is there got in (who's on a panel/who is a Taoiseach's appointment etc)
I just read this

Members of the 24th Seanad - Wikipedia

and I'm still none the wiser.

the figures for male voters are very surprising there...i thought mobilisation would have been high across the board for this one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the figures for male voters are very surprising there...i thought mobilisation would have been high across the board for this one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would the femal figure not being wayyy more of an outlier? like it would suggest that 57% of those women 18-24 didn't vote in the last election, while the young men are consistently apathetic?

If we spend the next few years freak pointing at these people, they will plot to overcome whatever is standing between them and their ideal society. We can't make them right or wrong, but we can chose to either isolate them, or still recognise them as part of our democracy.
+1

Isolating them means we can't see what they're doing, and then they surprise us

Her tweet was in response to Peterson saying something along the lines of "maybe the reason that women are so annoyed these days is that they are lacking in infant contact," i.e. if they just got knocked up it'd solve their problems.

Well that’s one way of interpreting a statement. Quite an assumption I’d say and really reductive.
While yes, It is unfortunate that he gets a lot of Alt-right fans and other arseholes, but he’s an interesting academic nonetheless.

Well it’s taken in the context of his general comments towards women and feminism so I’d say it’s a fair interpretation of what he meant. The guy is a creep dressing up old ideas, lazy thinking, and old fashioned conservatism as some new “scientific” way of interpreting the “problem” with women and feminism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back