Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

I don't have one of them fancy pumps. I just give the tyres a squeeze and when they feel right I go with it. Should I have one of them fancy pumps?
It's not worth spending mad money on but I use mine before I go out on any cycle of 20 km or more. Plus I like scales and numbers.

Picked up a new racer..a trek 1.2 in preparation for the BBK130 ..Thats Birthday Boy Belturbet to Kilmainham 130 kms!

Training so far consists of cycling up to Aldi and back 45 kms round trip
Its a lot easier on the racer! I can do it in about 2.15.
I'm carrying a bit of blubber though so theres work to do there too..biscuits OUT fruit In!.I'll easily be ready in 12 weeks

Good times!

OMFG I went out for my bi-weekly constitutional today at 4PM and let me tell you..it was hellishly hot.

I drank 1.5 litres en route. Good thing I had on sun cream or tonight woulda been a different story

I was out cycling yesterday, when a Jeep up ahead had slowed down and after it sped up, all of a sudden is a loose calf running on the road without giving me a chance to make preventative action to avoid the calf.

with my front wheel, it had made contact with the calf's legs. I come crashing down on the road.

injured my knee, hand, elbow, shoulder, bruising and lacerations on the face and very bloodied nose and I also damaged some teeth of mine, chipping them

Stayed over night in Lourdes hospital. Have had scans on face, knee, wrist yesterday and a ct scan this morning.

the calf ran off

coming Wednesday to "what gig didn't you go to last night" - tune-yards

I was out cycling yesterday, when a Jeep up ahead had slowed down and after it sped up, all of a sudden is a loose calf running on the road without giving me a chance to make preventative action to avoid the calf.

with my front wheel, it had made contact with the calf's legs. I come crashing down on the road.

injured my knee, hand, elbow, shoulder, bruising and lacerations on the face and very bloodied nose and I also damaged some teeth of mine, chipping them

Stayed over night in Lourdes hospital. Have had scans on face, knee, wrist yesterday and a ct scan this morning.

the calf ran off

God damn. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

After the 50k I've taken my foot off the pedal (sorry) a bit. Getting out every now and then doing 20 - 40k. I was out today on my wife's proper road bike with just the seat raised. It was better then my hybrid bike but still not ideal.

the calf ran off

OMG thats terrible.Hope you get well soon,big time.

Its stories like this make me want to get a helmet..which I will be shortly.

Also,I never go more than 40 kmph ..usually try to keep it to 30

How fast were you going?

OMG thats terrible.Hope you get well soon,big time.

Its stories like this make me want to get a helmet..which I will be shortly.

Also,I never go more than 40 kmph ..usually try to keep it to 30

How fast were you going?

Looking at map my ride, my speed was 25km/h.

If it was 50 metres later, I'd have been going slower as the road goes uphill

The result being broken nose, fractured cheekbone, stitches, teeth.

Looking at map my ride, my speed was 25km/h.

If it was 50 metres later, I'd have been going slower as the road goes uphill

The result being broken nose, fractured cheekbone, stitches, teeth.

25! Japers thats not fast at all.

Holy fuck thats bad news man...and some list of injuries.

I've a spare helmet @GO .
Actually you may not want it, it's kind of uncomfortable. I got a better one for my burday. Whatever, it's here if you want it.
Ill take it!

Mightnt be uncomfortable on my noggin

After reading IFFs woes I'm defo getting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back