Netflix Bans The Red Pill (1 Viewer)

I watched the video on another stream but really felt that it needed a wider audience (which Netflix would provide)- its that good. The only thing this film incites is compassion and understanding for men’s issues. And you are right , it is their decision but if you don;t think it was politically motivated then I guess you don't notice all the liberal PC shite they have on that site. However, fair play to Amazon and Google for streaming it on their platforms.

I gave up on Netflix after my free trial ran out. Too many liberal shit docs about smoking weed for my liking.

I guess no more than twitter wars and so forth my main curiosity recently is the middle ground and how it might be approached. MRA's and Feminists will tend to end up creating information silos out of social media networks and there are a few outcomes from this.

Knowledge of the chosen direction increases as well as contact with people who have similar interests or objectives and narratives will compound beliefs, all in complete oblivion to the other group. The shock of MRA groups actually existing is readable on a weekly basis on feminist twitter, likewise this backlash to women who say no to sex reeks of living in an internet fantasy world for too long.

Further into the information silo, the concept that someone could be thinking A: you are all morons B: you are all wrong C: your gods are meaningless etc becomes a little distant.

Its really easy to see men slipping towards the MRA venn diagram. I literally read every day on twitter what is wrong with men. Especially white men of my age, i.e. me. The aggregate of this in comparison to middle ground people being vocal about like, i dunno, maybe 'i'm a feminist but i don't think men are literal shit' is pretty low in the vocally polarized world of social media, which makes it really easy to believe that women just fucking hate you, you stupid wanker. If you experience this kind of polar talk while you are skimming along the surface of the MRA bubble with lads going 'come play with us, the water is great, we think you are wonderful' well, its a pretty seductive thing to be told that you are right every day. A few days of this, or a few days being a woman told that you are an object in the private messages of tinder, while the sweet sisters on twitter are like 'exactly our experience, come and hang with us on this internet over here and we'll talk it out'. Its just easy, really easy and completely understandable that people will gravitate to those who reaffirm them.

The lady with the documentary here (that i havent watched it yet but might) seems to have played the 'not getting on a platform as promotion' card very well, fair dues to her, she knows her trade. She made the front page of brietbart with it which is kind fascinating considering the world it is today. I see a value in what she's doing but I might reverse that opinion when i've watched this thing. However what might be lost here is that she's someone who swam with the sweet sisters on twitter and decided to jump into the icy cock pit of the MRA world and communicate, and to take the potential message of this documentary to its conclusion, what she's probably trying to tell you is to drop the MRA circle jerk and go swim with the sisters and listen to them for as long as you done with the brothers and see if you can still feel comfortable in the polar end of the venn diagram with the guys calling for mandatory sex and a non equity 1950's fantasy of societal patriarchy.

You should see it , it might surprise you Ann Post. What I I found very impressive was Cassie’s humility and honesty on the subject. As a self proclaimed " feminist" she was willing to allow strangers of the world to witness some of her personal struggling as she very considerately researched and journeyed through the issue —all the way until she finally disavowed herself of feminism. She spent well over a year researching this movement and you can see it.

I commend her for the breathtaking bold move she did to do something so counter cultural which left herself open to all kinds of abuse and vitriol from her fellow feminists. Most of whom, like yourself, hadn't even bothered to watch the movie.

Lads, do I need to point out that putting each other on ignore lists is sort of like Netflix banning the red pill movie and not listening to the other side? Hands across the water.
yes, which was my initial joke that kind of went over everyone's head. It did get me on @BlackGrape's ignore list though so not all bad.

You should see it , it might surprise you Ann Post. What I I found very impressive was Cassie’s humility and honesty on the subject. As a self proclaimed " feminist" she was willing to allow strangers of the world to witness some of her personal struggling as she very considerately researched and journeyed through the issue —all the way until she finally disavowed herself of feminism. She spent well over a year researching this movement and you can see it.

I commend her for the breathtaking bold move she did to do something so counter cultural which left herself open to all kinds of abuse and vitriol from her fellow feminists. Most of whom, like yourself, hadn't even bothered to watch the movie.

I probably will watch it soon enough. I barely get time to do anything these days other than roll off 400 word rants on thumped. I don't think there is a requirement to disavow anyone from feminism though to accept another position, its an equality based community and the crossover between feminists trying to rectify societal deficits isn't any different to the MRA's (who aren't the rapey weird ones) trying to get parity.

They made a political decision, besides its better than most of the crappy docus on there and it would have made commercial sense as there is definitely an audience for this.

Maybe the distributor wanted too much money to license it to Netflix and Netflix didn't want to pay it.

Again it was a commercial decision and if users don't like it, they can make their own decision. If it is on other platforms for streaming, then maybe those was bared in mind in deciding otherwise to host it

Just like Netflix did, so can consumers decide how to spend their cash.

i'm more bummed out by the constant rapes and murders of women in the news but men being criticised on twitter is pretty bad too i guess
still chuckling at this

middle aged white guys, what are we like?

2 of the main stories on the front of the irish indo today are about white middle-class rapists

another is about another white, middle-class (alleged) rapist, rugby player

not all men, etc, etc, etc, but if there's any demographic to cross the street when you see them, it's white, middle-class males.

2 of the main stories on the front of the irish indo today are about white middle-class rapists

another is about another white, middle-class (alleged) rapist, rugby player

not all men, etc, etc, etc, but if there's any demographic to cross the street when you see them, it's white, middle-class males.

Wow! do you not not see the irony in claiming to oppose racism and sexism whilst harbouring contempt for one group of people? ie. white middle class males???

All that scutter must have gone to your 'brain'. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back