What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

The people vs The Sun

thread:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

when I was in primary school we did this thing called pile-on where you'd get a lad on the ground and then 1000 scrawny school kids would pile-on on top of him. It was great sport and not at all dangerous. I think it replaced that fad of trying to make someone faint. Also not dangerous.

Also, fuck the sun. If a twitter pile-on is somehow a bad or wrong thing, then fuck that. I'm ok with being wrong in this case.

I don't follow Glinner. But he blocked @Lili Marlene for no reason so how bad can he be?

I was just playing the long game. Wouldn't want to follow that monster.

in my primary we developed the corner pile-on (a pile-on inside the corner formed by two walls), which made it much harder for those underneath to escape and allowed the pile to become much bigger

wonderful fun

Also, fuck the sun. If a twitter pile-on is somehow a bad or wrong thing, then fuck that. I'm ok with being wrong in this case.

I think it's a mixed bag. Like I think in terms of the sun we've got a long track record of it being a cesspit that will exploit anything for money. I mostly started this thread to document these surges regardless of the moral standpoint involved. I think in the case of an organisation like the sun, a surge of people (especially name journalists/industry peers) tearing the narrative to shreds publicly is a great use of Twitter. Sometimes when the whole pile on campaign is focused on one person or one action of one person I think it's a little more medieval, a little more like some middle class version of a public stoning or the shame walk in game of thrones.

I think it's a mixed bag. Like I think in terms of the sun we've got a long track record of it being a cesspit that will exploit anything for money. I mostly started this thread to document these surges regardless of the moral standpoint involved. I think in the case of an organisation like the sun, a surge of people (especially name journalists/industry peers) tearing the narrative to shreds publicly is a great use of Twitter. Sometimes when the whole pile on campaign is focused on one person or one action of one person I think it's a little more medieval, a little more like some middle class version of a public stoning or the shame walk in game of thrones.

yep, there's few things worse than the twitter mob. I was on the wrong end of one once, after someone mis-interpretted something I said. Wasn't pleasant but at least it got resolved quickly in my case.

The actor Eddie Marsan is currently getting a load of abuse because he's either too working class, or not working class enough. I can't tell. It's gone all "Monty Python's Yorkshire men", outdoing each other with their working class credentials.

Then worst thing about these pile-ons is you get people then posting about how they now hate the guy and encourage everyone else to hate him too.

I follow a few prominent SJW types, fro want of a better catch all phrase, and regularly get completely confused when they all start attacking each other over , what appears to me to be semantics. If you dare continue an argument and not meekly accept a "teaching moment" you are now fodder for the next pile on. Why can't we all just get along.

These people are fucking vipers. I'd say it's a really hard thing to go though, where they start bigging you up because you tweeted the right thing or had the correct opinion on teh mediaz at some point but then you make a mistake and they turn on you. I suppose we can just watch Simon Harris over the next few months to find out.

Last edited:
These people are fucking vipers. I'd say it's a really hard thing to go though, where they start bigging you up because you tweeted the right thing or had the correct opinion on teh mediaz at some point but then you make a mistake and they turn on you. I suppose we can just watch Simon Harris over the next few months to find out.

A pro-choice vampire is still a vampire I suppose.

A pro-choice vampire is still a vampire I suppose.
I SAID VIPERS.

exiting the viper castle

uUW8KWW.gif

: (

I thought he might have made some steps to redeem himself at this point and instead he's gone all out aging conservative on it.

I kinda find the blocking people who disagree with him scarier than being an old conservative.

I'll elaborate on the Glinner thing: he's hung up on some TERF women being physically attacked by trans women, which OK that's a thing, but he ignores the context of the provocation involved. It smacks of the bully who needles and needles their victim till they lash out and then the bully cries to the teacher.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the TERF wars and the whole Glinner mess so I might be going off-topic, but is the argument you're characterising there your opinion or the opinion of the anti-Glinners? Isn't it a bit of a dodgy stance? For example, like, say, in cases of domestic violence? i.e. "she drove me to it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back