• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bringing herself to school this morning. And we get to where all the posters are (beside the school funny enough) and she says "daddy I keep getting adverts for abortion when I'm watching youtube" I asked her were they yes or no ads. And of course they are no. Oh,shes twelve,and watching appropriate videos.

I actually watch a fair bit of crap on YouTube myself,and so far have not seen any ads. Maybe they don't care about people who are into guitars.

Mad stuff. I find it pretty crawly to think someone clicked the 'target children' button.

The militancy of the Yes side gets on my goat sometimes. This 'demanding to be heard', while understandable, is not going to be very palatable to people who are in any way moderate.
and what better way to punish someone whose tone gets on your nerves a bit than by democratically voting against their access to abortion.

Mad stuff. I find it pretty crawly to think someone clicked the 'target children' button.
I dunno how youtube ads work, so I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was - it kinda makes sense, doesn't it? Pester power and all that - my kids were instinctively anti-abortion, needed a whole lot of explaining for them to understand why I'm voting yes

*Someone* (who is very good at the internet, especially when it comes to losing money on it) noticed some new NO ads have gone up with save8th.ie as the web address.

Someone thought "My goodness, I thought it was save8.ie, not save8th.ie" and checked online. Save8th.ie wasn't actually registered.....yet.

The National Civil Society Campaign to remove the Eighth Amendment

This is a good line from her article - "Across the country, ‘Save the Eighth’ posters depict gigantic, robust babies, as if the referendum concerned the health of six-month-old infants".
Hah, I had noticed that too; one poster has a huge baby a bit like the Starchild of 2001, A Space Odyssey.

Giant No slogan appears on side of Ben Bulben in Sligo

"A team of 20, working since 4am this morning, forced to do it because they can’t get their message across. "

Campaigner Tommy Banks told Ocean FM radio that it was a “cry from the mountain to save Ireland’s babies”.

Needles to say, I was triggered by this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this guy..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back