I'm going to buy a record player................... (1 Viewer)

Every thing I have is second hand from adverts.
Same here but it would be about 8 years ago when I bought my record player (an old glass platter/wooden surround Rega Planar 2 for €200) and amp (some Rotel job for €50). I played it through an old set of Sony speakers for years but now have the amp outputting to a Sonos Connect which broadcasts it in lossless (well, presumably minor loss) to Sonos speakers around the house. I rip CDs to a hard drive and play those through the Sonos too, tapes are just living in a box at the moment.

I'd like to get a tube amp actually and see what they are like if I can find something reasonable from China.
I should try to get new speakers first though.

Same here but it would be about 8 years ago when I bought my record player (an old glass platter/wooden surround Rega Planar 2 for €200) and amp (some Rotel job for €50). I played it through an old set of Sony speakers for years but now have the amp outputting to a Sonos Connect which broadcasts it in lossless (well, presumably minor loss) to Sonos speakers around the house. I rip CDs to a hard drive and play those through the Sonos too, tapes are just living in a box at the moment.

I got a Sonos Connect before Xmas and it's great. But... I set it up to route my turntable/amp through the speakers in the other rooms and while it worked fine, when I switched back to using it in normal mode (I.e. Spotify - Connect - Amp/Regular speakers + other speakers) everything went haywire... Spotify app couldn't see sonos speakers anymore etc. Sorted itself out after some messing eventually

I got a Sonos Connect before Xmas and it's great. But... I set it up to route my turntable/amp through the speakers in the other rooms and while it worked fine, when I switched back to using it in normal mode (I.e. Spotify - Connect - Amp/Regular speakers + other speakers) everything went haywire... Spotify app couldn't see sonos speakers anymore etc. Sorted itself out after some messing eventually
I only use it to feed the turntable/amp into my Sonos One players throughout the house, never use the Connect itself to play music from online/hard drive, just line those up in each individual Sonos One depending on where I am in the house.

May be of interest to you vinyl playing turntable enthusiasts.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A mate just gave me his late Dad's old 3 in 1(turntable, CD, Cassette deck) unit.

I'm starting to think getting rid of all my tapes was a tad premature

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back