pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Hmm.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wait, is that a raven haired English actress and yet another robot sidekick? Piss right off, looks like shite. I hope one of the songs on the soundtrack is "The Kessel Run Rap" or some cockamamy shite like that. Fuck Star Wars.

It's a star wars movie,it looks fine. Maybe this time they may be able to change the story a little. I'm not 10 anymore but I'm sure it'll be enjoyable enough.

This is interesting. It’s the problem with Hollywood and the way films are going. They gobble up talented young directors who aren’t suited or equipped to direct the franchise bollocks the studios only want to shit out these days and good careers are pissed away and potential great films never made. People get snooty about directors like Alex Garland releasing his stuff on Netflix, but what choice does he have? The studio probably wanted to dumb it down and turn it into a fucking Cloverfield film. No one wins here. Fuck Star Wars.

Solo: A Star Wars Story Actor Shares New Details About the Troubled Production

This is interesting. It’s the problem with Hollywood and the way films are going. They gobble up talented young directors who aren’t suited or equipped to direct the franchise bollocks the studios only want to shit out these days and good careers are pissed away and potential great films never made. People get snooty about directors like Alex Garland releasing his stuff on Netflix, but what choice does he have? The studio probably wanted to dumb it down and turn it into a fucking Cloverfield film. No one wins here. Fuck Star Wars.

Solo: A Star Wars Story Actor Shares New Details About the Troubled Production

Apparently Garland isn't happy about annihilation getting dumped to netflix

"They have to make [Solo] good after The Last Jedi didn’t make as much money as expected,”

is quite the awkward phrase when you think about it.

Oh, I thought he went to Netflix because the studio wanted to cut shit out?

What I heard was that there was conflict between the studio, and the producer and Garland. The producer was on Garland's side and had final cut so they delivered the Garland movie but that may have led to the studio deciding to dump it to netflix, in part out of spite and in part because no one went to see it in the US.

Garland's problem now appears to be a) he made a film for the cinema, and I think despite my reservations about how good it is, it would have looked spectacular on a big screen (there's going to be a limited UK run, 5 screens for one night or something) and that impact is lessoned on a home screen and b) is he going to be allowed to make another film on this scale after this one "failed"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back