My child is doing my fucking head in (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 311
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 9
My eldest has taken to walking around reciting NWA raps (swear words skillfully replaced). That sounds cool, but he isn't the most socially skilled and will be doing it at the table while people are chatting.

My main gripe, they seem to do everything in slow motion but can be online with headphones on within 1 second on entering the house.

God yeah. My one and her mates were in the back of the car last week and that song came on a Now That's What I Call Music CD (yes, they still exist) and they starting going on about how much they loved it.

Taylor Swift I can handle. Katy Perry too. I quite like Dua Lipa. But Liam Gallagher? No!!!!!!

She saw him first at that Ariana Grande Manchester concert. She's only recently found out who Oasis are - and she's not that interested in them.

She has "Beatrix" by the Cocteau Twins on her little playlist - and she really likes that... so maybe it'll all work out in the end.

God yeah. My one and her mates were in the back of the car last week and that song came on a Now That's What I Call Music CD (yes, they still exist) and they starting going on about how much they loved it.

Taylor Swift I can handle. Katy Perry too. I quite like Dua Lipa. But Liam Gallagher? No!!!!!!
Boring fact but that song was co-written with professional songwriters who work with the likes of Lorde and Kelly Clarkson so maybe there's some secret ingredient old people like us can't hear.

It's still hilarious though, maybe this is like 12 year olds getting into Phil Collins in 1982? Phil Collins was a full decade younger than Liam at the time but still seems older.

There is some hope. She came down last night at midnight complaining about not being able to sleep and watched 10 minutes of the Bowie Five Years doc. Then asked me to record it so she could watch it herself. I announced earlier I was putting on some music and was told the only things that would be acceptable were Bowie or Solange. Now watching Gilmore Girls and Yo La Yengo, Sparks and Sonic Youth turned up doing cameos. Not particularly impressed that these are " Dad's music".

By the way, @egg_ I must congratulate you on the greatest thread title ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back