Recently Purchased (4 Viewers)

King Crimson Sailors’ Tales (21CD/4BluRay/2DVD box)
Kan Mikami/John Edwards/Alex Neilson Live at Cafe Oto LP
Keiji Haino/John Butcher Light Never Bright Enough LP
Sigtryggur Berg Sigmarsson Sun of Late Afternoon CD
Neil Young Words and Music CD
Neil Young & Crazy Horse Arc, The Single CD
Various Artists Tokyo Flashback 2LP
Carla Dal Forno The Garden 12”
Cosey Fanni Tutti Time to Tell LP

Jaysus - a whole lotta Crimson going on there!!

I just finished reading CFT's autobiography, I must pick up Time to Tell, I believe they did a nice job on the artwork.

Jaysus - a whole lotta Crimson going on there!!

I just finished reading CFT's autobiography, I must pick up Time to Tell, I believe they did a nice job on the artwork.
I was in two minds about this set but my sister-in-law got me a voucher to cover most of the cost of it, so here we are. Just on the last few discs now, tremendous set - close to Miles Davis and Can in places, very cool stuff. The three studio albums (Poseidon, Lizard, and Islands) have been given an amazing remaster, Lizard has gone from an album I’d happily live without to something pretty special.

The Time to Tell reissue is amazing. Sounds terrific and as you say, the art is fantastic. Sizeable booklet in it (which i haven’t read yet) and high quality photos of CFT covering her various artistic outputs. I see Chris Carter has a new one out too, will need to pick that up.

By the way, do you know Carla Dal Forno? I picked up this EP of hers and it’s great. First track is my song of the year.

I was in two minds about this set but my sister-in-law got me a voucher to cover most of the cost of it, so here we are. Just on the last few discs now, tremendous set - close to Miles Davis and Can in places, very cool stuff. The three studio albums (Poseidon, Lizard, and Islands) have been given an amazing remaster, Lizard has gone from an album I’d happily live without to something pretty special.

The Time to Tell reissue is amazing. Sounds terrific and as you say, the art is fantastic. Sizeable booklet in it (which i haven’t read yet) and high quality photos of CFT covering her various artistic outputs. I see Chris Carter has a new one out too, will need to pick that up.

By the way, do you know Carla Dal Forno? I picked up this EP of hers and it’s great. First track is my song of the year.

I've only dipped me toes in the Crimson water, so to speak... that box sounds like an epic undertaking!

Glad to hear that the sound's good on the TtT pressing - yeah, I'll be giving the new Chris Carter one a listen alright.

Carla Del Forno - I've seen the name about the place, but not listened any of her music... I think she was over here last year at some point, not sure where though, Whelans perhaps. Will definitely check her out now, cheers!

Picked up both of these 2nd had. Used to have the pair of them on tape when I was about 12. Haven't listened to either in years but reckon I would still know every word of every song.

4534982.jpg

51RY8zf2ycL._SX300_.jpg

Picked up both of these 2nd had. Used to have the pair of them on tape when I was about 12. Haven't listened to either in years but reckon I would still know every word of every song.

51RY8zf2ycL._SX300_.jpg

Mind @niggledybits saying that the CD of this was worth a fortune? Still is, by the looks of it!

My entry point to these august comps was a couple of years later, on volume 6.

Carla Del Forno - I've seen the name about the place, but not listened any of her music... I think she was over here last year at some point, not sure where though, Whelans perhaps. Will definitely check her out now, cheers!
She played the Grand Social last year any way, February or March I'd say. It was ok, I think she played bass and had some electronic stuff but I forget, didn't make much of an impression on me...
2018-01-13_12-08-44.jpg
Don't be wasting your money on King Crimson, lads

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back