What television series are you currently making your way through? (11 Viewers)

Just watched part 1 of the BBC drama The Miniaturist.
I enjoyed it but some of it felt a little off. Bad acting, weird cheap looking lighting. It seemed to veer from high end production to shot on video in places. I like the cast of characters, even though some are better actors than others and the plot is intriguing enough to make me want the conclusion/ Part 2 tomorrow night. Just thought I'd share as it's the only thing I've watched in telly so far this Christmas.

McMafia. Fairly derivative and cheesy in that way particular to high end BBC drama, The Night Manager was similarly cheesy. The lead dude is fucking awful and seems to be treating it as a Bond audition. For some reason these shows get highly acclaimed but it’s a load of old shite, imo.

McMafia. Fairly derivative and cheesy in that way particular to high end BBC drama, The Night Manager was similarly cheesy. The lead dude is fucking awful and seems to be treating it as a Bond audition. For some reason these shows get highly acclaimed but it’s a load of old shite, imo.
I feel like that about 95 % of BBC productions. Wolf Hall was such a disappointment.

Watched both seasons of Search Party, I think after reading about it earlier in this thread.. Season 1 I really enjoyed,. the combo of mystery / investigative storyline and darkly funny skewering of self absorbed 20-somethings works well (Alia Shawkat as lead is a big plus also). 2nd season was a bit uneven and definitely had fewer laughs as they ramped up the dramatic tension, still compelling enough.though.

Just finished series 1 of Upstart Crow. Ben Elton's Shakespeare comedy. There's a good bit to complain about but overall I enjoyed it. I shall search out Series 2.

The End of the F**king World. Some Netflix thing. Alright, I guess. Too much going on - voice overs, flashbacks, fantasy sequences, pointless fucking about with unusual camera angles for the sake of it - just tell the fucking story ffs! The actors are good.

In the search for something quick and new we watched the first two episodes of Easy.
It was ok. Watchable. It'll remain on the recently watched list for those times where half an hour is all you want to watch tv for.

Twin Peaks. Again.
the behind the scenes docs on the s3 DVD set are brilliant. seen them? maybe over 10 25/30 minute docs focusing on different parts of the show. Give a great insight into how scenes were filmed and also how prolific a chain smoker Lynch really is.

In the search for something quick and new we watched the first two episodes of Easy.
It was ok. Watchable. It'll remain on the recently watched list for those times where half an hour is all you want to watch tv for.

if you haven't seen it, i recommend The Good Place for 23 minutes of light entertainment

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back