What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Alienator. Low budget scifi action thriller. Bordering so bad its good and full on awful.
Bright. Another futuristic/ fantasy film. Pretty good, but the analogys in it are pretty hamfisted.

The Lego Ninjago Movie - Law of diminishing returns in effect, but still pretty funny
The Last Jedi - Second go, would watch again
Blade Runner (Final Cut) - yassss

Son of Saul. Harrowing but not in an indulgent way if that makes sense. There's some really nice touches to how it's shot such as the blurry peripheral vision on the hand held shots - an allusion to how much you have to block things out. The lead is superb as well. Just has one of those faces that makes him eminently watchable. I put off watching it for ages because of the subject matter but glad I finally got over that.

Son of Saul. Harrowing but not in an indulgent way if that makes sense. There's some really nice touches to how it's shot such as the blurry peripheral vision on the hand held shots - an allusion to how much you have to block things out. The lead is superb as well. Just has one of those faces that makes him eminently watchable. I put off watching it for ages because of the subject matter but glad I finally got over that.
Brilliant film

Inherent Vice. Just the wrong choice of film for a severe New Year’s Day Hangover. Made my brain hurt.

Girl’s Trip. More appropriate for my level of wretchedness. Ok, I guess. I was barely able to focus on it.

Inherent Vice. Just the wrong choice of film for a severe New Year’s Day Hangover. Made my brain hurt.

Girl’s Trip. More appropriate for my level of wretchedness. Ok, I guess. I was barely able to focus on it.

I didn't like Inherent Vice at all, even more annoying was that I made a point of reading hte book before I saw it, and that wasn't much use either.

Tiffany Haddish was really funny in Girl's Trip

Also recently:

Wish Upon. Horror about a teenager who finds a magic box that grants wishes so she uses it to kill people. Ummm, really bad.

Bone Tomahawk. Second time watching this. Think this, along with Green Room, are my favourite horror movies of the last 5 years or so.

I didn't like Inherent Vice at all, even more annoying was that I made a point of reading hte book before I saw it, and that wasn't much use either.

Tiffany Haddish was really funny in Girl's Trip
Felt it was a bit like a lukewarm Coen Brothers film with an irritatingly convoluted plot. The Joanna Newsom narration wrecked my head a bit as well.

Recorded the Oasis documentary, Supersonic on over the christmas. Watched it yesterday. Good doc but I knew the story already, how could you not.

Dr Strange - Story was a load of yer usual old hokum, but it looked amazing. By far the most imaginative visual design in a Marvel movie. Inception on acid.

War for the Planet of the Apes - Now, this was surprisingly great. Bleak, bleak, bleak, with the greatest CGI I've ever seen used in a movie. Enjoyed how they actually poked fun at the constant Apocalypse Now references with a bit of cheeky graffiti.

All in all, a great night for the auld computer graphics in my house last night.

Caught up on some stuff

Dunkirk: surprised how great it was (shouldn't have been but thumped's anti-Chris Nolan stance is clearly rubbing off on me)

La La Land: Surprised how utter shite it was. Some nice dancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back