What gig didn't you go to last night? (4 Viewers)

Galway jazz fest so far:

Sat in the room upstairs from an amazing trio from scandewegia*

Sat in the room next to a live four piece yesterday evening.

*did actually pay in to the show when the person I was meeting went home but still missed 3/4's and paid nearly full price.

I had a ticket for Cigarettes after Sex last friday but decided not to go cos they're terribly boring and have a terrible name. I bought the ticket in a moment of weakness on the back of one semi-decent song.

I find this being a regular problem of late

I blame the parents
Was at the Drums the other week, mix of what I'd call good and bad attendees. The bad ones being those who never stop tweeting/snapchatting/whatsapping/facebooking/going bananas over their one favorite song. I'll never fathom why you'd fork out the bones of €20 to see a band and pay little attention.

On topic, really wanted to see Cold Cave the other night.

I find this being a regular problem of late

I blame the parents

The guy playing is 23 or 24 so I can't complain about the kids being there, but some of them were dicks; which is also a problem you'd occasionally get at auld lad gigs.

On the upside the concert was a sell out and the crowd being so young and small and thin meant that there was still a fair bit of room on the floor and it wasn't too cramped.

I didn’t go see Zara Larson. The kid’s still too young for night time gigs, but it won’t be long now...

A post from the future. I'm going to Toronto for the weekend in December. Jimmy Eat World just announced a gig there for the day after I leave.
Fuck all happening for the few days I'm there.

I had a ticket for Cigarettes after Sex last friday but decided not to go cos they're terribly boring and have a terrible name. I bought the ticket in a moment of weakness on the back of one semi-decent song.

I've listened to their album a few times and think it's fairly pleasant but wasn't arsed going to see them. Truth be told I'm not really bothered about going to gigs these days if I can't dance like an idiot.

The guy playing is 23 or 24 so I can't complain about the kids being there, but some of them were dicks; which is also a problem you'd occasionally get at auld lad gigs.

On the upside the concert was a sell out and the crowd being so young and small and thin meant that there was still a fair bit of room on the floor and it wasn't too cramped.

Young people at gigs are grand, don't mind them at all, they're still enthusiastic about stuff which is great. Went to see Frankie Cosmos with a mate of mine back in August, this guy's the same age as myself, he spent the whole gig giving out how terrible millenials were and how obnoxious the crowd were, The irony was that he was being the biggest cunt there with his constant fucking complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

• xsteox
  • Jerry Twig
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back