Personal finances and budgeting (1 Viewer)

Does anyone use software for tracking their spending?

I have a big unwieldy spreadsheet and the space in my head right now trying to track everything.

Got paid this morning. Paid everything off and have 16% left for fun times. Bah.

Not software as such. I just wrote down all the boring things i have to pay for in a year, divided the number by 52 and transferred all the direct debits a bank account, which i pay into every week.

It works but it kinda takes the fun out of dodging paying for stuff.

Not software as such. I just wrote down all the boring things i have to pay for in a year, divided the number by 52 and transferred all the direct debits a bank account, which i pay into every week.

It works but it kinda takes the fun out of dodging paying for stuff.

Yeah, I am doing something similar.

I have direct transfers that go out every week, so I'm always up to date on the utilities and that gear.

My system: Spend whatever, hope for the best ,and occasionally find myself pleasantly relieved I haven't gone into my overdraft.

repeat until death

I've got incoming (very small) and outgoings (lots of things) split up into weekly, monthly and yearly. It's not perfect since big ticket issues like insurance change during the year, but it lets me now more or less what's what. I don't go as far as lunches, that would just be in the weekly 'other stuff' budget (which I only really stick too when things are looking scary). We have a weekly kitty in the house for groceries which is a great idea.

Stuff like gigs, pints, clothes, petrol, holidays, unnecessary guitar related stuff from adverts are neither budgeted for nor put in any sheets. You don't want to take all the mystery out of life.

i was keeping a $150 float in my checking account for day-to-day bullshit
With the view of rolling over as much as possible of it for the follwoing week - negating the need to provide for a float from the following week's pay
yesterday I had a rip on my bike tyre - $53
And I've to go Go-Kart racing for a friend's birthday on Saturday - $85 thank you very much

It's not fucking easy

Yeah

It's supposedly an hour of training for half an hour of racing.

tack.jpg

550x412xIMG_3246-550x412.jpg.pagespeed.ic.H76lTJvBOQ.jpg

I'm hoping my company stocks turn into Apple stocks some day and i'll be sorted forever.

That's my "plan".

I got a statement from my life Insurance broker that says my fund is "dynamic". A friend who used to work in insurance says that translates as "high-risk" and I should change it.

Any thoughts? @IFF

I got a statement from my life Insurance broker that says my fund is "dynamic". A friend who used to work in insurance says that translates as "high-risk" and I should change it.

Any thoughts? @IFF

Yes, if it Zurich life, this their explanation
Zurich Life

It gives it a risk rating of 5 which is a medium to high risk rating

Zurich Life

without doing any budgeting i've set up a database / google docs thing to track what i spend.

only a few months in but its pretty much a race between petrol and music/pub most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back