The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

same as that. I liked one of his albums (Salad Days) well enough but went off it after a while. I saw him play at EP one year and thought he was dreadful. I thought seeing him live might make me like him again, but no, the opposite happened. Although everyone else there seemed to think he was amazing.
That was a great gig. I've gone off him slightly since he's started to become a bit too Ariel Pink and it's all just lo-fi versions of yacht rock. His sound at the gig at the Workmans was really jangly which I thought was great but he didn't continue down that route.

Then there was the rape joke incident.
Fucking hell man, take it to tumblr.

I cared nothing for them for years and now they are like a plague on my playlists. they are magnificent.
I loved them when the first album came out and I have all the singles/EPs from that time up until the second album. I haven't really heard anything since.

I loved them when the first album came out and I have all the singles/EPs from that time up until the second album. I haven't really heard anything since.

I'm kinda the opposite, of the early stuff I only like a few things like losing my edge and never as tired as when I'm waking up but they really started clicking for me from Sound of Silver on.

Don't like the new songs though.

More of a live band too

I'm kinda the opposite, of the early stuff I only like a few things like losing my edge and never as tired as when I'm waking up but they really started clicking for me from Sound of Silver on.

Don't like the new songs though.

More of a live band too
I saw them twice (once for the first album and again for the second) and they were amazing the first time and very good the second. I watched that farewell show movie and thought they were really poor on it.

One year I saw them at EP in the afternoon, I think it was 2006 and a chinese-canadian friend of mine was over for the festival. For the rest of the day people were coming up to her and telling her how great she'd been. She doesn't look all that much like Nancy Whang.
I think you told that story before, it sounds familiar. Also, I was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back