The Thumped Motoring Forum (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
It's not every day I have to get the screwdriver out to reattach the steering wheel. Luckily I keep one in the driver's door pocket for just that sort of emergency.

pretty good that you could drive it to the garage though.

I once had to limp the car back to the garage after the choke they said they'd fixed came off in my hand. Like yourself I had to play with the gears and coast when I could to keep it moving.

Was pretty chuffed I managed to do it..on top of my seething anger that they'd made such a hames of it.

Last edited:
clutch cable snapped. had to drive to the garage in 2nd gear, cutting out at every junction/set of lights, then re-start in gear.

Fun fact:

You can change gear without the clutch by closely matching the revs.

Take it out of gear as they fall, give it a little gun in neutral, then again, engage it as they fall again.

I 100% don't recommend it, but its possible and pretty smooth when you get used to it.

Its because there's a syncro gear in all gearboxes after about 1950*

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

*guess

Interesting. I was looking at a car from 1949 earlier and was surprised it had automatic transmission.

car in for a scheduled service (after two separate punctures and a snapped clutch cable already this week) and the mechanic just rang, starting "are you sitting down?"

head gasket, timing belt, suspension, cv boots, two new tyres... the list goes on.

I have 6 months of nct left. time to start saving.

car in for a scheduled service (after two separate punctures and a snapped clutch cable already this week) and the mechanic just rang, starting "are you sitting down?"

head gasket, timing belt, suspension, cv boots, two new tyres... the list goes on.

I have 6 months of nct left. time to start saving.
If you are going through that many tires you might have a tracking issue. Sounds like a Peugeot or something.

Anyone in the northside of the city know the quickest / best tyre repair place?
Preferably between the M1 and Drumcondra.
Have the fear of getting another puncture while the spare is still bolloxed still in the back

Anyone in the northside of the city know the quickest / best tyre repair place?
Preferably between the M1 and Drumcondra.
Have the fear of getting another puncture while the spare is still bolloxed still in the back
don't risk it. kinsealy tyre centre, if yr willing to go an extra 5/10 minutes. or atlas by the skylon - definitely quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back