Volume swell pedal (1 Viewer)

An expression pedal is used to control a variable on a pedal, basically like turning a knob but using the expression pedal instead.

Volume pedal is for controlling volume so it's like having the volume knob on your guitar at your feet. Lots of pedals can do both functions which would be where the confusion between them comes in.

Mission stuff is supposed to be the best but also most expensive, I like the Ernie Ball ones specifically the VP JR and the Boss ones. Morley are nice too just fine the width of the box off putting. Boss one has some cool features such as being able to set minimum volume. That said the Ernie Ball feels a little smoother so probably the better one for nice smooth swells. If you're in town at all I believe there's a couple of second hand Ernie Balls in Some Neck atm.

Ernie Ball EB6180 VP-JR

Boss FV-500-H

Which of these is the best and is there a better , reasonably priced option out there?

Richard Hawley uses the ernie ball one. I know this information will colour your objectivity.

There's a guy I play with in Derry who literally never takes his foot off one as part of his playing style - he's using a dunlop and its held up pretty well so far.

I got an issue with mine. When it isn't pressed down fully the amp is clickling/blipping. More noticeably when one of following pedals are also switched on. Not really an issue for swells, but it wouldn't be great for using the pedal to play quiet parts and then whacking it up for a lead.

I just have it on all the time though, and use it to shut things off between songs. And for messing around with swells.

I wonder if this is an issue that someone like Moose could resolve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back