Mastodon - Crack the Skye (2009) (3 Viewers)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
4.29 star(s) Rating: 4.29/5 7 Votes
Title: Crack the Skye
Artist: Mastodon
Released: 2009

Tracks:
1 - Oblivion - 5:46
2 - Divinations - 3:38
3 - Quintessence - 5:27
4 - The Czar: I. Usurper / II. Escape / III. Martyr / IV. Spiral - 10:54
5 - Ghost of Karelia - 5:24
6 - Crack the Skye - 5:54
7 - The Last Baron - 13:00

Overview:
Crack the Skye is the fourth studio album by American progressive metal band Mastodon, released on March 24, 2009 through Reprise Records. It features seven tracks and runs at 50 minutes and 6 seconds. The album debuted at number 11 on the Billboard 200, selling 41,000 copies in its first week. In Australia, the album debuted at number 19. It had sold 200,000 copies in the US as of September 2010, making it one of their highest selling albums to date.
According to an interview on the DVD The Making of Crack the Skye, this album represents the element of aether, which is represented by the souls and spirits of all things, a theme closely related to the context of the album. Because the elements of fire, water and earth have already represented by the band's first three albums Remission, Leviathan and Blood Mountain, respectively, the element of air is the only classical element which has yet to be represented by a Mastodon album, as their follow-up studio album The Hunter does not represent an element, nor is it a concept album.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool. Here's the only Mastodon I know at the minute.

Yeah, I saw them on this tour and they were awful. I only really liked their Leviathan album though but will give this one another go.

Was positively predisposed to this based on the bits of their stuff I had heard before but lads... this is fucking brilliant.

I have leviathan & blood Mountain. There probably the only 2 more recent metal albums I've bought since the mid 90's.

This sounds way better than the Mastadon album that I have (Blood Mountain). Listening to it on youtube isn't ideal so I don't know what the songs are etc. All I know is that at about 20 minutes in I walked into the room and there was a totally brilliant riff happening!

On the penultimate track now I really like the album. Good tunes, good riffs. Imagine they’d be a band I’d dip into every now and again rather than become a full fledged fan.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back