AC/DC - Let There Be Rock (1977) (2 Viewers)

That Rick Goes To College thing is amazing. Anyone who doesnt get Acdc should watch it.

Ok, kudos to album club it's taken me a full 3 (and a half!) listens to finally start to like this. I can't argue with the fact that they have an original sound, but this ended up being one of those things that worked against him for first couple of times I listened, it was just too AC/DC for me.

By the third listen I found myself bobbing along to Dog Eat Dog and Hell Aint a Bad Place to be in an enjoyable rather than forced way.

Their ability to get a whole lot from the most basic of basic of riffs is, frankly, fucking incredible. Kinda wish i'd gotten into them when I was 12, would have been fun stuff to learn on guitar, we were all Britpop, Pop-Punk and Britrock round my way back then though. Ac/DC did a tour of Europe with the Wildhearts in 1996 I think where they were more or less co-headliners, that's how far their star had fallen at the time (in fairness that might just have been Kerrang! talking hyperbole)

I like the fact that there's a bit of stretching going on in the music to Overdose, even the vocals are a bit calmer for a while, do they pursue this kind of stuff much elsewhere? I can't see myself wanting to listen to any more Ac/DC if it's just the same as this album for 40 years.

There's a bit (literally about 2 second) in the solo of Whole Lotta Rosie that sounds quite like the keyboard riff to LA Woman by the Doors, which means it sounds almost exactly like Billy Idol's cover. LOLS ensued here.

Overall then, despite initial boredom and Jack Black school of rock phobia I give this album a solid 4/5, verging on 5/5 tbh, it does exactly what it sets out to do.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This great to play/sing along with,see how close you come back in.

Shit,just found one for Angus too,just goes to show the different playing styles

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it 1999 in particular that you hate or would you dislike any other Prince album equally?
I don't know. I've never heard it.

I'll let you know when I have heard it.

I know 3 Prince albums;
- sign o the times
- purple rain
- the free one with the paper

the first 2 are grand. I can't remember anything about the 3rd one.

i've listened to his first four and purple rain, sign o the times and graffiti bridge a fair bit, and parade and lovesexy a bit

but never this one

which is weird

well actually i assume i have listened to it but wasn't paying much attention

I was already well versed in late 80's Prince by the time I heard this, and particularly loved Parade and SOTT. I kind of wish I'd heard it first, because I'm sure it's great, but it just pales so much compared to what followed. If it comes on randomly I think 'oooh, Prince, I must have a go of Parade!"

Sure, let's give it three whirls and see!

I like the general cheeriness of this album and the guitar sound is great but the playing only gets interesting here and there. It's decent like, I wouldn't want to turn it off but I'm not likely to put it on again and I'm not going to bother checking out Powerage.

Bon Scott's delivery of 'even my mother hates me' towards the end of problem child always gives me a chuckle. the phrase is so...nice. it typifies the ethos of the band.

In AC/DC he was the greatest singer ever.
No point even thinking about an argument,considering anyone else is wrong. Always will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back