Thumped buried treasures album club spin off (1 Viewer)

Sorry Durley but I think this is a bad idea. Just nominate your buried treasures for the album club. This will just confuse things. Dont worry.. there won't be another Smiths album.

Or alternatively we could just set up an "Albums Dudley likes" subforum?

See, there's not a chance in hell I'll be having a 4th listen to the Smiths, and I imagine I have some in my corner here. A mid week LP keeps the forum bubbling over.

200_s.gif

I was being sarcastic.

I will post you all hand drawn appropriate smileys in due course.

I do like more than one record a week as a suggestion, and I do like having a weirdo records version too.

I'd think of it as a shelf in a record shop that has all the weird, out- there stuff while the main album club has all-time classics. I'd imagine it wouldn't get as much traffic or have as much discussion but it could be a great source fro discovering mental stuff.

Or, on the other hand, it's a fucking stupid idea.

Don't be messing with a good thing that's only in it's second week.

I actually hate the idea of having a weirdo/obscure version of this. Music nerdom at its worst. Just make a thread and post Youtube links if people really feel the need to show off their knowledge of 1960s Turkish psychedelia or whatever.

I'd think of it as a shelf in a record shop that has all the weird, out- there stuff while the main album club has all-time classics. I'd imagine it wouldn't get as much traffic or have as much discussion but it could be a great source fro discovering mental stuff.

Or, on the other hand, it's a fucking stupid idea.
Well I wouldn't mind if the album club had had the remit that the albums chosen be Mojo and Uncut approved classics but as it is I thought we were going for personal favs anyway?

I'm up for whatever though, I can always submit another that almost made the list.

I thought the album club thing was calculated on what gets most votes? But if it's a luck of the draw thing then one a completely obscure record with one submission has as much of a chance of getting picked as the ones we've seen up until now.

Told you it was stupid idea. "Dudley" (rolls eyes)

Well I wouldn't mind if the album club had had the remit that the albums chosen be Mojo and Uncut approved classics but as it is I thought we were going for personal favs anyway?

Exactly. The beauty of Scutters original idea was that it was one album per week that everyone committed to having a listen to and were doing so because someone (or several people) thought it was worth our time (classic, obscure, whatever). Diluting it by having some "other" album thing going on ruins the concept ("Yah, I don't really do the Album Club thing now as I more of a Buried Treasure kind of guy, y'know?"). I say nay. I wouldn't actually care were it not for the fact that the existing thing (hats off to Scutter for thinking of it) is easily the best and most interesting thing that has happened here in yonks. Please don't go messing it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back