The Beatles (2 Viewers)

My favourite Beatles best album is......

• Beatles For Sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help!

• Let It Be

• Total voters
I'm playing in a school musical in a couple of weeks called Penny Lane, get to bass-karaoke along to many Beatles tracks including one i'd not heard before, 'She's Leaving Home', v.nice.

aoifed said:
What album is Imagine All the People on? That's my favourite.

Thats was originally the b-side to Stay by East 17. Ringo released it with his chinese wife a few years later i think to coincide with the death of Brian Harvey. Apparently New York is named after the two guys in East 17 who did nothing.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Try playing it on slap bass - funk it up a little.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

028.jpg

nlgbbbblth said:
The ten Kinks albums on Pye - from Kinks to "Percy" go up to 1970. The gems among them include Face To Face, Village Green Preservation Society, Something Else, Arthur..., Lola vs Powerman.

Muswell Hillbillies from 1971 was a departure, then the concept albums mark #2 kicked in. Soap Opera, Preservation I and II, Schoolboys In Disgrace...

Quite difficult to source over here. Remastered by Velvel in 1998 and SACDs from Koch arrived in 2004. Best bet I found was amazon.com where they can be got for around $14 or so.
Indeed, cheers. I'll get back with results. Will get a couple of the earlier ones at least. Although that cancer story might have poisioned my liking for their music...!* Those bastards!!

*not

The Beatles were great, but the excitement over this is baffling.
Have people not heard all this stuff billions of times before???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back