The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

Fat White Family

listened to their last album and though it interesting enough to go and see them in Whelans last night. And while I didn't hate it, I could not see what all the fuss was about. Juvenile antics on stage, and a front man with a squeaky voice that they do exceptionally well to hide on record. Great musicians, and a nice full sound, but I did not get whatever everyone else at it got from it.

Reading about it this morning, apparently it was the greatest gig in history.

My hole.

A couple of my mates went to this. They have what I consider impeccable taste...after checking out this band on youtube just now I have to revise that opinion.

Fat White Family

listened to their last album and though it interesting enough to go and see them in Whelans last night. And while I didn't hate it, I could not see what all the fuss was about. Juvenile antics on stage, and a front man with a squeaky voice that they do exceptionally well to hide on record. Great musicians, and a nice full sound, but I did not get whatever everyone else at it got from it.

Reading about it this morning, apparently it was the greatest gig in history.

My hole.

Was going to go to this, rather glad I didn't now. Excellent reportage, @scutter !

Wilco.

Just.... boring.

People point to these songs and are all "listen to the crazy guitar in the background all the way through, AMAZING", and fine there's that, but it's not the background that's the problem here.

I know i'm wrong but I just can't get my head around them.

Steely Dan

seriously like

I don't get them either. They are FINISHED.

I'm no longer certain about not getting Steely Dan. I've been listening to Aja a lot since before christmas and I love it now. I haven't bothered trying any of their other albums though, apart from one or two listens to Gaucho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back