The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

I've tried several albums by him over the years and his stuff always seems really self consciously written to me.

At its very best its amazing but with that in mind he's basically just like a scruffier ABBA to me, I don't think I ever need more than a best of....

Anyway, yer man Dev Hynes/Lightspeed Champion/Blood Orange

I've heard an unholy amount of music by him, and even saw him live a few times... never liked a single thing by him. Just don't get it at all at all.

Really liked their last album but after seeing them live I went off them and haven't listened since.
I think I'm still struggling with all the hipsters listening to and being influenced by black metal. In my head it's like some band from Brooklyn suddenly getting mad into Richie Kavanagh.

I think I'm still struggling with all the hipsters listening to and being influenced by black metal. In my head it's like some band from Brooklyn suddenly getting mad into Richie Kavanagh.

I quite like that sludgey black stuff in a I'll hear it and enjoy but not buy a record sort of way, but it probably occupies a space in my head that also likes Fuck Buttons. There's a Mount Eerie record that went all Black Metal that I quite liked though.

Anyway, yer man Dev Hynes/Lightspeed Champion/Blood Orange

I've heard an unholy amount of music by him, and even saw him live a few times... never liked a single thing by him. Just don't get it at all at all.

I really liked, and still like, that first lightspeed champion album. Haven't listened to anything else by him

Some of my friends adore him..I've listened to him and some of his earlier band's stuff but I just don't get it at all. Good singer, unique talent etc etc but not for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back