Thumped Guitar Players Rig Rundown (1 Viewer)

It shouldn't be breaking with bends. Is it breaking nut or bridge end?
Hmm. It breaks pretty close to my finger, on the bridge side. This is my first experience with a wound g so I figured that it was just something inherent with them.

The guitar has a one piece wraparound bridge that previous strings have cut little nicks into, my current strings don't quite sit in those nicks. After a bit of internet searching just now I think that might be the problem? If so, a new bridge could sort it out. That would be great.

I popped my amp up on a chair to mic it up tonight, I did not treat it roughly, and I heard a little pop as I was moving it but didn't think anything of it (in fact I thought it was something that moved in the room). I plugged in the guitar and got nothing out of it.

I looked around the back and I found a tube just lying there at the bottom of the chasais. I haven't touched it but could this just be a case of it just falling out due to movement or is it indicative of a bigger problem like the amp/tube blowing? And if it's the former is it safe for me to pop the tube back in without blowing myself up/doing damage to the amp? Do I need to get in touch with an amp guy? It's the vintage champ I bought recently so I reckon it's close enough to the sale to get the shop to look after it for me.

Power tube or preamp tube? either way it should be fine just to pop back in. just be sure to power the amp off first.There are usually little clamps that hold the tube in place, but as your champ is old they may not have those. The tube 'seat' maybe just a but worn out. I don't think it's a big repair job, and Eoin should sort it out for you if it keeps happening. Maybe give him a ring.

Power tube or preamp tube? either way it should be fine just to pop back in. just be sure to power the amp off first.There are usually little clamps that hold the tube in place, but as your champ is old they may not have those. The tube 'seat' maybe just a but worn out. I don't think it's a big repair job, and Eoin should sort it out for you if it keeps happening. Maybe give him a ring.

Thanks. By the looks of it I'd say it's a pre-tube. looked up a YouTube video last night and it seems like an easy thing but I was worried about perhaps needing to bias it etc as I know nothing about the workings of amps. Didn't wavy to risk doing damage by going" fuckit I'll pop it back in " without getting advice

Just pop it back in and see if it works. If it doesn't back to Owen and he'll look after ya. Most likely if there's anything wrong it'll be that tube needs replacing after the fall but they can withstand a decent bit of abuse so should be grand.

Advantage of my super short commute. I can run back home for a few minutes really easily.

img_2729.jpg

Turns out there's no clips holding the tube in like in the hot rod deluxe video I watched so it's fairly easy to drop a tube. No harm done by the looks of it. Will give it a proper play tonight.

thanks @moose and @mark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back