Tour de France 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

Froooome Froome Froome Froome Frrooooooooooooommmmmeeee, Frooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeee

epo-boost2_custom.jpg

I suppose if you're gonna dope you may as well go the whole hog and do it in style in the mountains.

Geraint Thomas, a classics guy, burning off doped mountain goats.

Delighted I got to watch the whole lot live.

Whaddya mean dope? Froome is just an incredible natural athlete. He's so incredible, he can make Contador, an actual proven doper who is bound to be still taking stuff, look shit. As well as the Astana team, again doper central – although Nibali is doing so shit, what's the odds he's actually riding clean? Maybe he thought he'd try and win the Tour clean for a challenge, seeing as he's already won it before. Froome is just amazing. Even the guys that actually are doping the shit out of themselves can't get close to him, he's that amazing. Right?

I don't get the hate over one team possibly doping when I'm sure a sizeable number of other teams/individuals are doping too. If you're watching any professional sport, you can be sure someone's up to something funny. Doping is unsportsmanlike, throwing piss is fucking scumbag behaviour.

On the grand scale of scumbagishness I put cheating in sport far below throwing piss. Actually, I'd barely call it scumbag behaviour given that is precisely the type of people who are driven enough to be professional sportspeople are also the same people who will cheat. Everyone who takes part in the Tour de France knows what the story is. They will have far more insider information than us or the guys booing and throwing stuff at Sky (as if they're the only ones who might be dodgy). However, throwing piss at someone in a yearly race around France because you are so appalled that they are the best at cheating out of all the cheaters is stupid and gross.

The fact you use the phrase "might be dodgy" tells me all I need to know.

I'm sure we'd get on swimmingly in person but get the fuck out of this thread before I go on a long and boring rant.

You fucking ostrich.

I'm sure we'd get on swimmingly in person but get the fuck out of this thread before I go on a long and boring rant.

You fucking ostrich.

Jesus, I'm glad people like you have no actual power, other than the long and boring rant.

You fucking ostrich.
Nice to see the "guilty until proven innocent" mentality in full swing. I really hope you've never done jury duty.

You fucking osprey.

Also, you'd have to be out of your mind to think that Froome is/has been 100 % clean (but bearing in mind how evidence works, he could well be until someone has the actual evidence to prove it) but honestly, show some dignity and don't throw piss at people.

I for one find it hard to believe that a mere 8 or so years after the most famous doped-up-to-the-gills cyclist set the fastest average speed over the entirety of a Tour de France whilst being doped up to the fucking gills, Chris Froome is able to get up to almost the same average speed over the entirety of a Tour de France without being doped up to the fucking gills.
In fact, his 2013 average speed is almost identical to Lance's 2004 average speed. Ya know, back when Lance was doped up to the fucking gills, but there were always a bunch of people saying how he was just 'an incredible athlete with something extra'. Yeah, something extra in the medical kit.

I for one find it hard to believe that a mere 8 or so years after the most famous doped-up-to-the-gills cyclist set the fastest average speed over the entirety of a Tour de France whilst being doped up to the fucking gills, Chris Froome is able to get up to almost the same average speed over the entirety of a Tour de France without being doped up to the fucking gills.
In fact, his 2013 average speed is almost identical to Lance's 2004 average speed. Ya know, back when Lance was doped up to the fucking gills, but there were always a bunch of people saying how he was just 'an incredible athlete with something extra'. Yeah, something extra in the medical kit.
And that's definitive proof? I'm not actually defending Froome (I've no favourites in the TdF, I enjoy watching what I will never achieve) but find all the finger pointing unsettling when the only evidence is circumstantial. Especially given that people only seem to see one team/individual as being at fault (Froome may be ahead but it's not like the others aren't doing other super human times and performances).

Nice to see the "guilty until proven innocent" mentality in full swing. I really hope you've never done jury duty.

You fucking osprey.

If it was a sportsman on charges of doping for performing like a superhuman I'd hope to be on that jury.

It's depressing. Next time I meet Paul Kimmage for coffee I'll show him this thread.

And that's definitive proof? I'm not actually defending Froome (I've no favourites in the TdF, I enjoy watching what I will never achieve) but find all the finger pointing unsettling when the only evidence is circumstantial. Especially given that people only seem to see one team/individual as being at fault (Froome may be ahead but it's not like the others aren't doing other super human times and performances).

Dani Martin is riding like a supremely talented cyclist who doesn't dope. Like Charly Gaul, David Moncoutie before him. Sky, Astana, Movistar, Etixx, and a few more. I want all their heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back