Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (4 Viewers)

You can read the whole thing, but you really only truly need this piece. And it's mainly remarkable because it has been published in the WSJ
Author Amelia Gray’s Misadventures With Aylesbury Duck Vodka - WSJ

After we stepped out of the freezer at that Beverly Hills restaurant, I made to ask patrons of the establishment’s main bar what they knew about Aylesbury Duck. But before I really got into it, a man at the bar—the most eager to talk, who I noticed too late was almost certainly on cocaine—needed to tell me first and very, very quickly that he had actually just found out that he could rent the top penthouse in Havana, and that was just what he was going to do, he was going to rent the top penthouse in Havana and right away so he could spend his evenings dancing, just dancing, because the thing about this guy is that he can drop it down to the floor but he can also pick it back up.

" the people who were ..upset about the sign were all cisgendered, straight, white people"

Welcome to my world. People taking preemptive offence on behalf of people who aren't like them, just in case.

OH REALLY?

would you be willing to make a strongly-worded statement on the internet to that effect? oh you did, ah great

I do something about the things I give a shit about

Like you and them dogs

This lady put up a sign and wrote a thinkpiece
Her bravery and sacrifice is just so moving

Last edited:
she showed support for marginalised users and made others think about their own attitudes, with a risk to her business, and then shared an interesting insight about the whole thing

i wouldn't think it's anything to get angry about

Great article. It's a nice counterpoint to the big pharma conspiracy theories that some of my friends on facebook have been putting up lately

That Food Babe girl mentioned in the article is one of the worst offenders when it comes to pseudo scientific nonsense.

There is an article on her site (since taken down, but archived a few places) about flying that contains every scrap of bullshit you ever hear about flying - such as "sit close to the front because the pilot controls the oxygen level and it's better up there" It's well worth a read.

Her typical line of attack is:
Food x contains ingredient y
Industrial process z also uses ingredient y
OHHH MY GOD FOOD X IS FULL OF PROCESS Z WERE ALL GOING TO DIE.
Makes for nice clickbaity headlines.

I hear they've set up a colony in the clouds. Won't be long before we see speciation as the planes adapt to the different niches up there. The filter feeders, the fearsome hunters and the photosynthesising superplanes. Life is magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back