What do you take for lunch at work (1 Viewer)

5514414.jpg

Working on a Saturday after doing a 70 km cycle = McDonalds for lunch. Large chicken nugget meal (chocolate milkshake for the drink) and a double cheeseburger to pad things out.

Best part? An extra nugget in the box.

I recently discovered the I can eat at Burger King and this will be my downfall. The petrol station also has a Costa, which is the best coffee around by a long shot. I often drive the 6km out of the way during my commute just to stop there. It makes me feel very American, in the worst way possible.

leftovers from last night's dinner - chickpea and preserved lemon stew with a few slices of bread. dead easy to make and very filling. making this on a regular basis now.

serves 4

- fry 1 red onion + 1 clove of garlic + a chopped carrot for 10 mins
- throw in a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of chickpeas
- fill both cans with water and throw that in with a teaspoon of stock powder
- bring to boil - simmer for 15 mins - put in a cinnamon stick + 1 preserved lemon sliced in half and deseeded (remove these before serving)
- add in 150g of giant cous cous
- season a bit - simmer for 10 more mins until reduced - add more water to make it more soupy if desired
- top with parsley to serve

recipe calls for some sort of yoghurt topping to serve which is grand if you have the time but I couldn't be arsed. cinanamon stick could probably be substituted for the ground stuff. I'd never heard of a preserved lemon until I came across the recipe.

Nice

I have this thing I make with mirepoix, my own stock, greens (broccoli and/or spinach), red pepper and some chicken or pork and chorizo.
Spice it up with smoked paprika, ground chipotle and five spice.

I never ever get tired of it. And I wouldn't dare give it to anyone else in case they choked on it.

Last edited:
And Lidl chorizo is fucking cat

I brought back about 5 lbs of it. Dying to throw it out but I can't abide the waste.

Ploughing through it as best I can.

What's wrong with it? I think it's nice, don't notice a difference between that and any other supermarket chorizo (assuming we're talking about the sausage with the string on the end and not the pre-sliced stuff).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back