• Watchers 7

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Gonna try out a new recipe today..beef and leek stew.I like inventing dishes

I'll let ya's know how it goes.

Tell us what you're making for dinner

Wifes turn to cook again tonight so dont know what itll be. This is what was on the menu yesterday though (and for lunch today - yum) - Remember not to hold back on the cumin and coriander!!
BBC - Food - Recipes : Chilli con carne
simple and delicious
(needless to say, i wasnt arsed with the guacamole and big green salad.)

I'll be having a bit of grilled trout and salad, same as yesterday
I had fried pork chops with caesar salad last night.Surprisingly tasty

Although I did slightly burn the croutons

Anyone got something that serves a lot of vegetarians and is low maintenance? 5 piece band coming here tomo.
Depends how low maintenance you want to go....

SUper low? Lentil stew ...bang everything in a pot(brown the onions first) and walk away.

Kinda Low? Salad with homade falafels(tinned chick peas are super cheap in Aldi)

Still a bit low? Veggie fajitas.Lash chopped veggies in pan.Season to taste and stir fry.Fill tortillas with veg and cheese ad bang in microwave for 90 seconds to melt the cheese.NOM

Are you need an aldi?
You can grill some sliced courgettes and throw some mozzarella and olive over them. When the cheese melts is one of the nicest things ever. I usually get the olive antipasti in aldi and stir it in to some (cooked obv) gnocchi, it has olive oil, capers, pine nuts and garlic in it already so it's a handy cooking cheat.
It all works well with the courgettes too.
If you dont make the gnocchi from scratch, you can pick it all up for about €10 in aldi and it's cooked in less than 15 mins.

Feta bake is another option unless they're vegans.

2 packets of feta
1 or two sliced tomatoes
several cloves of garlic sliced
some olive oil

Crumble up the feta add the vegetables and oil to the top, then stick in oven at 180 for 35-45 minutes depending on how good your oven is.

Serve with ciabatta or some other "fancy" bread.

Anyone got something that serves a lot of vegetarians and is low maintenance? 5 piece band coming here tomo.
tonight's dinner was madras potatoes:
spuds, cauliflower, red lentils, curry powder, tin of tomatoes, vinegar, chutney - easy to make a big amount and keeps well so long as you don't overcook the spuds and cauli in the prep.

Tonight, potatoe chips in merguez spices (paprika, cumin, coriander, etc.) and chicken strips in a herby polenta crust (home made goujons essentially). Simple but delicious.

I ended up feeding them a fuckload of coffee.

They left an hour ago.

I just had steamed parsnip, mixed veg and pasta with tomato puree and piri piri and oregano.

I feel pretty satisfied anywhoo.

Lovely!Thank you.BY way of appreciation here is a pcture of tonights dinner..Beef N Leek Stew with homemade wholegrain bread and HP sauce!

Also my debut instagram picture!
10986100_842230219167277_2087599408_n.jpg

tonight, duck breast with red pepper and red chilli in oyster sauce + colcannon. we split the duck 50/50, i ate 80% of the colcannon. ("you've made way too much." "you think?") despite spending the first half of dinner chat moaning about egotist t.v. chefs (tautology?) who say how amazing their food is when tasting ti, i've got to say this was one of my better efforts
img[

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back