Leo Varadkar (1 Viewer)

I had this chef corner me at a party last night and extol the virtues of the jicma vegetable. Recipes, versatility, the whole thing.
I think that it was after the third time he said "So just like a potato...." I asked him if he was telling me this because I was Irish.
He said "yeah" a bit quizically, like 'of course'.
I thought it was funny.

You'd still see him getting Taoiseasch at some point

Well, I do still think that Kenny will be Taoiseach after the next election. But he might think about retiring midway through the lifetime of the next Dail I suppose. Leo would be a leadership contender. Especially as Creighton is now gone.

oh who gives a fuck what anyone is

why it is considered news in this day and age is beyond me.
in this case, probably because we're heading into a referendum, and this was to disarm any accusations of 'you didn't have all your cards on the table while campaigning'; even though that shouldn't matter, but it prevents someone from outing him during the campaign. this way, he controls the release of the info.

Permanently single people get that too. I need to go on Marian.

yes, i know that permanently single people get it too.

it is an assumption made at work that i am heterosexual despite:
- never talking about any dates or girlfriends,
- rarely talking about my weekends "did nothing" 50 times of the year (occasionally gigs do come up and i'll mention these :D)
- never making the over-the-top comments unlike some others of what women are attractive
- never showing any interest in any sort of thing like that.

in the 9 years i have worked there, i have never shown the slightest sign of either but the assumption is made that i am heterosexual.

the only people that haven't made that assumption (at least not to my face) have been bullies.

although my parents have made some comments "it better not be men you like"

yes, i know that permanently single people get it too.

it is an assumption made at work that i am heterosexual despite:
- never talking about any dates or girlfriends,
- rarely talking about my weekends "did nothing" 50 times of the year (occasionally gigs do come up and i'll mention these :D)
- never making the over-the-top comments unlike some others of what women are attractive
- never showing any interest in any sort of thing like that.

in the 9 years i have worked there, i have never shown the slightest sign of either but the assumption is made that i am heterosexual.

the only people that haven't made that assumption (at least not to my face) have been bullies.

although my parents have made some comments "it better not be men you like"

I think that white male heterosexuality is presumed. As is the path to a nuclear family.
You read female CEO often. You will never read male CEO.
To not be a straight white hetero male with a family is still considered to be 'other'
We're moving from that though.

in this case, probably because we're heading into a referendum, and this was to disarm any accusations of 'you didn't have all your cards on the table while campaigning'; even though that shouldn't matter, but it prevents someone from outing him during the campaign. this way, he controls the release of the info.
He's pretty good at the game. Hard to see this as altruistic when you step back.
Visibility is always preferable though.

When I was growing up the only visible gay existences were The Fairy or The Heartless Lesbian.
We now have shithead politician and a thousand others. Maybe one day, even a soccer player.

I reckon my folks wouldn't disown me probarbly just be disapointed which they prob are already

The Minister also recounted the phone call in which he informed Taoiseach and party leader Enda Kenny of his decision to go public.
“He said it was my private life, and my private issue, and said it was none of his concern, that he wouldn’t be commenting on it, that nothing would be different and nothing would change,” said Mr Varadkar.

“He asked me if I’d ever been to the Panti Bar... and I said actually no I haven’t, and he said: ‘There you go Varadkar, I’m ahead of you already’.”

Leo Varadkar: ‘I am a gay man’, Minister says

Maybe one day, even a soccer player.

American football leads the way

k2-_8d0878b7-c125-4d82-9da7-bb5b4b3c8f0f.v1.jpg

#iknowagaysoitisok

Will someone explain Fidelma Healey Eames' #sexualorientation thing to an old out of touch guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back