Torche & WOFTM This Wedneday (Aug 21) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 4

u:m

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This Wednesday!

• u:mack
    Present
    Torche
    Wizards Of Firetop Mountain
    Dott
    Grand Social
    Wed Aug 21
    Doors 7.30
    Tickets €15

Torche return to Dublin to play the Grand Social on wednesday on 21! Support comes from Wizards Of Firetop Mountain & Dott

TORCHE
    Led by vocalist/guitarist Steve Brooks (formerly of doom dropouts, Floor), Jonathan Nuñez and Rick Smith (also members of the grindcore outfit, Shitstorm) and new guitarist, Andrew Elstner, (former vocalist/guitarist for St. Louis’ Riddle of Steel), TORCHE have been steamrolling the underground-metal scene since their 2004 inception and made big waves in 2008 with the release of Meanderthal, their second full-length album. Winning accolades from the underground metal scene that had been the band’s main support up until then as well as a whole new crop of fans who were just taking notice for the first time; the mainstream indie rock community. With outlets like Pitchfork, Spin, Paste and Stereogum piling praise upon the band for their super heavy yet totally accessible brand of melodic metal, TORCHE soon found themselves on top of the underground metal heap, not to mention plenty of Year-End lists, most notably grabbing the #1 spot on Decibel Magazine’s Top 40 Albums of 2008.

Songs For Singles followed in 2010, an eight-song mini album that further cemented TORCHE’s desire to lessen their reliance on the “bomb string” and write big rock songs. While considered by many to be stopgap release for the band (due to the number of songs and their relative shortness in length), it didn’t stop the press from continuing pour on their support on the band; It just kept them salivating for more.

On their third proper full-length, Harmonicraft, TORCHE deliver a heaping helping of tasty riffs and “rip with a smile” melodic rock songs that are sure to propel them out of the underground metal scene and into the stratospheric realms of Rock N Roll demigods. Produced and Recorded by Jonathan Nunez and Torche. Mixed by Kurt Ballou. Mastered by Alan Douches

I wasn't their biggest fan before, and I thought it was amazing.

OhDear.gif

Ah hear, Torche were class, as are Floor. The end

the gig didnt have the same mental vibe as the Red Fang gig but Torche defo matched Red Fang in the carrying of the rock torch.
Ouch. Awful pun.

Torche are playing the Grand Social again next May 26th, according to this, also playing Cork, Galway and Belfast. New album coming out as well in February.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, Part Chimp are supporting - which is cool, as I thought they'd broken up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back