Sexism, god help us (3 Viewers)

Again, it's not unusual and a lot of girls have it far worse.

I understand that it can be shitty if you're just trying to start a friendly conversation with a girl and she acts like you're being a creep, but the basic fact is she is reacting that way for a reason.

I think she means that in everyday situations they are not considered weirdos. These are considered normal people and their friends probably laugh along with them if the girl tells them to piss off.

What? Who do you know that thinks following a woman down the street isn't a big deal?

Would be interested to see an equivalent video shot in different cities and countries

There's been one floating around the web for a while, maybe even a couple of years, of a similar video shot in Belgium.

Nothing that hasn't been said before, but now in easy to digest cartoon form

Next Time Someone Says Women Aren't Victims Of Harassment, Show Them This.

a_757_20140809125637.jpg

Lads you should ask the ladies in your lives if they've had similar experiences.
My ma got catcalled a lot back in the 60s. Mrs. egg_ says she has never encountered anything like this at all.

There aren't that many other women in my life, and I don't see them very often, but ask them I will. What about the women in your life, Moose?

and how many people in your life have you asked specifically whether they think following a woman down the street is a big deal? because i can't say it's a conversation that's ever come up

Can we put aside the fact that you think I'm a dick, just for a minute? I'm trying to understand what you meant when you said that nobody thinks this behaviour is a big deal. I think it's a big deal, and I'm pretty sure anyone I know thinks it's a big deal, but maybe I'm wrong, say maybe you were followed down the street and told someone about it and they said "sure what are you making a fuss about".

I think the fact that it's been happening forever and there is still shock/pushback when it is stated that it is happening, kind of underlines that it isn't a big deal.
If it was a big deal, we'd have done something about it.
Women haven't been keeping it a secret, they've just got tired of talking about it and having it dismissed.

It seems to me that the issue would be better served if men in general stopped looking at it as an issue of their gender's behaviour to be defensive about, but as a question of the welfare of the women in our lives.

where did i say i think you're a dick, egg? there are endless examples of men doing this with impunity and you discount my experience, discount rita's experience, discount video evidence, and discount the massive presence of online commenters who think the video is hypersensitive bullshit.

also see 7's response above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back