Sexism, god help us (1 Viewer)

not to the same extent
i've had lads follow me around a few times...one guy followed me from abbey street all the way to the door of my building at westland row one night and only fucked off (having been told repeatedly to fuck off) when i pointed out the security cameras

not to the same extent
i've had lads follow me around a few times...one guy followed me from abbey street all the way to the door of my building at westland row one night and only fucked off (having been told repeatedly to fuck off) when i pointed out the security cameras
Jesus christ. A friend of mine here had the same thing happen she was followed to her door which is across the road from a pub, she went into the the pub and told the bar man who basically sent the biggest lad in the bar outside to tell yer man to fuck off while he called the cops. To be fair the cops did actually show up and do their jobs.

I’ve heard countless stories from female friends of this type of carry on London. There’s some really creepy dudes here. My friend was on her way home once and was hit on by the bus driver of the bus she was on! Just her and him on the bus….

I’ve heard countless stories from female friends of this type of carry on London. There’s some really creepy dudes here. My friend was on her way home once and was hit on by the bus driver of the bus she was on! Just her and him on the bus….
It's the big city effect innit. Probably similar to the effect that NYC has on people. There's 12 million people here or something and you can still feel desperately lonely and anonymous. Two things which are virtually guaranteed to make some folks into social retards.

nah i've had it happen in small communities too
You're right I'm sure shit like this is rife everywhere. Why do you think there are men like this ? Do you reckon it's just unchecked behaviour that gets out of hand or whether it's something else. Like the way kids who are abused are more likely to become abusive later in life.

There's two bits of that video where you can see that the men in question have serious problems. The guy who follows her not talking and the guy who continually asks if she thinks he's too ugly for her. That's two perfect examples of men with probable mental health issues.

A Dublin bus driver asked a female friend of mine if she thought, in general like, that a girl would be turned off by large cocks. She seemed to think your man was genuinely concerned and worried about the matter, I had to explain that actually he was being a bit saucy.

A Dublin bus driver asked a female friend of mine if she thought, in general like, that a girl would be turned off by large cocks. She seemed to think your man was genuinely concerned and worried about the matter, I had to explain that actually he was being a bit saucy.
I'm trying to picture this but I keep imagining the bus being absolutely packed everybody soaking wet from a downpour and rammed together standing by his little hatch listening in on their conversation.

You're right I'm sure shit like this is rife everywhere. Why do you think there are men like this ? Do you reckon it's just unchecked behaviour that gets out of hand or whether it's something else. Like the way kids who are abused are more likely to become abusive later in life.

There's two bits of that video where you can see that the men in question have serious problems. The guy who follows her not talking and the guy who continually asks if she thinks he's too ugly for her. That's two perfect examples of men with probable mental health issues.
these guys aren't weirdos. they're normal guys who don't think their behaviour is problematic.

The guy that says "Someone's acknowledging you for being beautiful, you should say thank you more" encapsulates it for me.
He's telling her what the situation is and how she should respond.
You can almost see where this is going if she engages but doesn't align with his view of the situation.
It's harassment that thinks it's compliments.

Last edited:
but they're not weirdos. and their behaviour isn't seen as any big deal.
Well that's two seperate things.

No, it's not seen as a big deal I agree with you that is a huge problem. the more people see it as a big deal hopefully the the less the shouting might happen

But the other guys, they are fucking weirdos. Following someone like that is obsessive and compulsive behaviour and projecting your own inadequecies onto someone else like what the other guy is doing he has an issue with self esteem. That's why when we speak about things like this we have to try to differentiate between aspects of it. Most of the video is men just shouting "how you doing ?" at her and that's a sort of cultural sexism and that's one thing that you can tackle pretty easily just by making it clear that it's not on. But the kind of obsessive behaviour where someone follows another person down the street staring at them that's something different. It's not black and white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back